How To Mitigate Lampard's Absence?

MrE

Registered
Jun 1, 2014
This is a serious question, but I believe Lamps will be with you by February anyway.

Instead of looking at the negatives of if he stays with MCFC
Lets just pretend that
a) Lamps stayed at MCFC
or god forbid, Lamps picks up an injury on a January extension with MCFC (I believe a January extension is likely)

Who could our owners (realistically) sign that would enable Frank to stay in Manchester and make this right with you ? (Messi wont be available)

Reactions: Kjbert
A player that is better than Lampard? I don't know who would feasibly be available - Sammy Khedira is available on a free and is better at this point in his career, but that's not happening and it wouldn't provide that level of headlines.

Like I stated in the opening I think he will be there (certainly from Feb) so lets not argue the point.
It is not even a tough call, right now he has to be with you for the credibility of NYCFC, MCFC, CFG, and the man himself. But which player could be brought in to the CFG or more succinctly NYCFC to put out the flames if it was deemed that Lamps stays for any reason.
Examples I was thinking of .... Steve Gerrard ? Gareth Barry ? John Terry? Dani Alves ? maybe a more long term prospect like John Guidetti

A player that is better than Lampard? I don't know who would feasibly be available - Sammy Khedira is available on a free and is better at this point in his career, but that's not happening and it wouldn't provide that level of headlines.

Sami Khedira is like 24 yrs old and just won the World Cup as a starter for Germany. If he leaves Real Madrid this summer it'll be for a Bayern Munich or Chelsea.

Edit: he's actually 27 and did anyone besides me see him get knocked unconscious today in Real's Copa del Rey match? Not pretty.

Reactions: MrE and Kjbert
To me...

Lampard is playing better than Gerrard. And Garreth Barry ( I am an Everton fan). John Terry is an a-hole and isn't an offensive player.

Sami Khedira is like 24 yrs old and just won the World Cup as a starter for Germany. If he leaves Real Madrid this summer it'll be for a Bayern Munich or Chelsea.

Thus why I said, "that's not happening"

Reactions: Paul
To me...

Lampard is playing better than Gerrard. And Garreth Barry ( I am an Everton fan). John Terry is an a-hole and isn't an offensive player.

Terry agreed !!!! Gerrard played well tonight and the change of scenery might be what he needs... Barry is under rated as a combative midfielder.... what about Ashley Cole ? There must be hundreds of others, Being Realistic ... Lamps is 36 and was signed on a Free.... lets say 30 - 33 ish and available for $10 million

Like I stated in the opening I think he will be there (certainly from Feb) so lets not argue the point.
It is not even a tough call, right now he has to be with you for the credibility of NYCFC, MCFC, CFG, and the man himself. But which player could be brought in to the CFG or more succinctly NYCFC to put out the flames if it was deemed that Lamps stays for any reason.
Examples I was thinking of .... Steve Gerrard ? Gareth Barry ? John Terry? Dani Alves ? maybe a more long term prospect like John Guidetti
I'd say Stevie since the number of Liverpool fans outnumber MC fans by a fuck lot

I'd say Stevie since the number of Liverpool fans outnumber MC fans by a fuck lot
Of course they do, they have had a sustained era of success in the last 30 years. Just like Man United, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc etc.... Is it any wonder that the clubs with the most non attending, non local, most widely spread fanbases in Europe are the same ones as are supported over there..... As the kids over here convert to City (if we continue our success) so will the kids over there.... of course your kids will now be helped by NYCFC to

When you say stay with MCFC do you mean through January or through the rest of the season?

Really it should be a question asked to Man City. If they aren't allowed to keep Lampard, and since they have unlimited resources and no cap ask them.

Really it should be a question asked to Man City. If they aren't allowed to keep Lampard, and since they have unlimited resources and no cap ask them.

It is not always about buying players, it is about keeping one that is settled into the team and happy. It is a hypothetical question to you NYCFC fans. Like I said earlier I think he will be there

And they are capped currently, unfairly capped by FFP !!

It would take someone as good as Lampard or better.... And right now I don't see a realistic player like that out there. I think it'd just be best if CFG doesn't fuck us over and have Lampard here on time. I don't care about letting MCFC keep him through January and let us train there, but he needs to be here by February.