How To Mitigate Lampard's Absence?

Then I'm sorry that's a you problem. I think Man City fans think we are there to help you we aren't we want to win here.
No we don't it is a hypothetical question, every team wants to win wherever they are.

No we don't it is a hypothetical question, every team wants to win wherever they are.
That really is the reaction I am getting form twitter and communication for some, I will admit it is only some.

That really is the reaction I am getting form twitter and communication for some, I will admit it is only some.

Sorry I am not on twitter, please can you explain what reaction you are talking about and what you mean by "communication for some, I will admit it is only some"

I have only set a hypothetical question to see what the chances are of any sort of "ideal scenario" occuring for both parties. I do not want to cause a row.

I've been seeing lots of "Who cares about NYCFC, we own them, we're keeping Lampard they can do one"

Reactions: Kjbert
that along with twitter and facebook people saying NYCFC is in a retirement league they should just get our young players. That it is the man city dev team. Generally we want to like man city's fans but stuff like that makes hard for those of us who don't even like the primer league.

Generally speaking, do the majority of us agree that we don't mind Frank staying through January? As long as he is in Charleston come February?
I definitely agree, really we don't lose much at all, and we would probably be allowed to use their facilities.

Of course they do, they have had a sustained era of success in the last 30 years. Just like Man United, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc etc.... Is it any wonder that the clubs with the most non attending, non local, most widely spread fanbases in Europe are the same ones as are supported over there..... As the kids over here convert to City (if we continue our success) so will the kids over there.... of course your kids will now be helped by NYCFC to
I'm not sure that the majority of soccer fans where I live have even heard of Man City. The majority of those with an BPL team cheer for Manchester United. Liga MX or La Liga in spain are much more popular here than the BPL.

I'm a BPL fan primarily due to the fact that its the only european league that I have access to on TV. And it has the most parity of any european league.

I don't really think that NYCFC is going to convert a whole bunch of kids unless we constantly have season long loanees from City.

I don't think you could just replace him after already saying he's a NYCFC player. It just looks bad no matter what from our perspective in my opinion.
Ashley Cole? That would be like pouring gas on a fire. Don't want that skank anywhere near this team.
I'm a Roma fan and I can confirm that Ashley Cole is completely washed up. Even crappy Serie A wingers have their way with him.

Last edited:
I'd say Stevie since the number of Liverpool fans outnumber MC fans by a fuck lot
As a liverpool supporter I'm not ready to discuss a world where Gerrard isn't wearing Red. In regards to the overall question, I do not think there is one player who could make up for the negative perception of not having Lampard. All that being said I'm not sure how much this bothers me. The true success of the club is not based on expensive, aging, foreign DP's. I trust with a great coach like Jason Kries in charge the club will find success no matter the star power on the roster. Is it bad to not have Lampard at the start? Sure. But to me it's not the end of the world and I'm not gonna flip out.

As a liverpool supporter I'm not ready to discuss a world where Gerrard isn't wearing Red. In regards to the overall question, I do not think there is one player who could make up for the negative perception of not having Lampard. All that being said I'm not sure how much this bothers me. The true success of the club is not based on expensive, aging, foreign DP's. I trust with a great coach like Jason Kries in charge the club will find success no matter the star power on the roster. Is it bad to not have Lampard at the start? Sure. But to me it's not the end of the world and I'm not gonna flip out.
It's all fine and dandy if he hadn't signed with us. If the great MC wanted him they could have signed him instead of using us as a decoy.

That's the thing. I never cared for us signing Lampard in the first place but they did. Him staying with MC makes NYCFC look bad and nothing can change that
Seriously, if they prance him around as the show pony of the club, and then do that, I will be fucking livid. The guy is close to retirement age as it is.

Sign Ibra in January with no fucks given as to the cost, and I might be okay with it. But it would still be total bullshit that scaled the home shirt fiasco exponentially.

If Lampard stays at MC until February, it will be tough but its doable. It allows him his last hurrah in CL and still gives him a few weeks to get ready. Most importantly he is here on Game Day 1 with his NYCFC team mates. But if he stays until May and skips NYCFC's very first couple months, thats unacceptable, unforgivable. It mocks MLS and NYCFC and destroys all plans for a grand roll out of the new franchise.

I am not sure MC could just throw some semi-famous, decent older EPL player at NYCFC to placate them.

If Lampard stays at MC until February, it will be tough but its doable. It allows him his last hurrah in CL and still gives him a few weeks to get ready. Most importantly he is here on Game Day 1 with his NYCFC team mates. But if he stays until May and skips NYCFC's very first couple months, thats unacceptable, unforgivable. It mocks MLS and NYCFC and destroys all plans for a grand roll out of the new franchise.

I am not sure MC could just throw some semi-famous, decent older EPL player at NYCFC to placate them.
Ibra is a little better than semi-decent, right?

Also, the title of this topic is condescending as hell, although I'm trying to suspend logic and tell myself it was unintentional this time . The connotation of "pacify" suggests NYCFC supporters are being babies.

I don't think complaining that there is now uncertainty regarding the most highly paid MLS signee in history actually joining our club at the designated time or even by the start of the season makes us anything but supporters of our club. I don't buy season tickets to support CFG, just like I don't go to Yankees games to support the Steinbrenner family. I support the clubs, not the owners.