Introduce Yourself

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Feel free to Create New Thread and introduce yourself.
Tell us a bit about yourself and make yourself feel at home!

I'm in Wanstead eas London. Season ticket holder at man city.

Ah fair enough. I've never had cause to go to Wanstead. Try to get to a few City games a year but I'm earning a pretty poor income and the train travel is just so expensive.

Reactions: Kinkladze
I'm from Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland. Dundee FC, Manchester United and Fife Flyers fan (and of, course, NYCFC!).
BkGAVogIUAALLVJ.jpg

I live in Manhattan, was a stranger to football (or soccer, as I called it) until I stumbled across a BPL game a few years back and left it on as much for the accents of the commentators and the singing of the fans as for anything else. MUFC was playing, down a couple of goals to a team that I gathered they should have been brushing aside. In the last few minutes they came from behind to win. I don't recall the details but Wayne Rooney figured prominently in the result. Prior to that I knew little about the BPL and nothing of ManU or Rooney. That was sort of my road to Damascus moment. I kept coming back for more. Now I am a real fan of football, watch every BPL game on TV, have learned more about the game every season, and can't wait for the World Cup. MUFC is, of course my team and Rooney my favorite player all because of that game.
I confess that I don't watch MLS much, it is just not the same as the BPL on TV. I suppose I will start watching, so I am more familiar with the league before NYCFC starts playing. I like the idea of being a supporter of something from the start. I love the badge, the name and can't wait for the team to be put together. I don't love MCFC but that won't stop me from loving NYCFC.
I also love NHL (Islanders) and still follow NFL (Giants) MLB (Yankees) and NCAA FB( Notre Dame, Army)
Best of luck to you all.

Reactions: Gene
M Metropolis thanks for joining! There is definitely a drop in the experience when you compare EPL v MLS. EPL stadiums are just better suited for television. Give it a shot though, there are some great moments in MLS and the game times are much more convenient for the typical American schedule: since we are all usually up between 7PM-10PM. Anyway, it's great that you've decided to check out our forum - feel free to snoop around and start some new discussions. Thanks again for joining!

M Metropolis thanks for joining! There is definitely a drop in the experience when you compare EPL v MLS. EPL stadiums are just better suited for television. Give it a shot though, there are some great moments in MLS and the game times are much more convenient for the typical American schedule: since we are all usually up between 7PM-10PM. Anyway, it's great that you've decided to check out our forum - feel free to snoop around and start some new discussions. Thanks again for joining!
Don't know why I keep saying BPL when it should be EPL. Regardless, thanks for the welcome.

Reactions: einwindir
A lot of people say BPL, meaning not British Premier League (because of course, no such thing exists) but Barclay's Premier League. BPL does work as an acronym.

That said, any English fan will point out that our Premier League is the first, best and most notable league of that name. Therefore English fans argue it should be just "PL". It doesn't need differentiating from the other PLs. They need differentiating from ours. ;)

Reactions: blupoo
I'm from Surrey, England and I support Man City, Celtic and now NYCFC. Crystal Palace are my local team so I follow them as well. You could say I'm quite an armchair fan as unfortunately I have never been to the Etihad or indeed any live games however I watch every game on Sky/BT. I also watch La Liga and Bundesliga, and intend to watch the MLS this year although I haven’t caught a game yet partly due to the time difference and partly because they are not on our channels and I can't always get a stream.

A lot of people say BPL, meaning not British Premier League (because of course, no such thing exists) but Barclay's Premier League. BPL does work as an acronym.

That said, any English fan will point out that our Premier League is the first, best and most notable league of that name. Therefore English fans argue it should be just "PL". It doesn't need differentiating from the other PLs. They need differentiating from ours. ;)
I quite agree with them.

Hello Lads! My name is William, I'm so Stoked to be apart a professional team from day 1, contributing to the great history that City will have. Great place for Brooklyn NYCFC Supporters in North Brooklyn called Berry Park, if anyone wants to meet up, let me know. Fight City Fight!

Reactions: einwindir
What's up guys. I'm Scott from Northern Jersey. Can't wait to be part of something from the beginning! Who else in here is from Jersey?

You got quite a few on here, many more to come I am sure.
Welcome to the party!

What's up guys. I'm Scott from Northern Jersey. Can't wait to be part of something from the beginning! Who else in here is from Jersey?
Thanks for joining! We've been seeing a lot of growth lately which is awesome. How did you hear about the forums? and where in Northern Jersey are you from?