James Sands [Midfielder] [HG]

For some reason I found it hilarious when they showed the replay of the goal they allowed Partick afterward, hahaha

Reactions: JayH
poor sportsmanship by tilman. legal yes. but he broke the unwritten rule.
I don't think he picked up on what was happening live. Sure it seemed obvious on the replay, but in live action he probably didn't see it. No way would a player do that deliberately there.

Sorry for leading this page further astray but here is the Leeds/Villa version

I don't think he picked up on what was happening live. Sure it seemed obvious on the replay, but in live action he probably didn't see it. No way would a player do that deliberately there.

unless he's oblivious to what's going on on the field, i find it very hard to believe he didn't know the ball had been kicked out by his team due to injury. i didn't watch the game, so maybe he was picking his nose somewhere and wasn't paying attention...

unless he's oblivious to what's going on on the field, i find it very hard to believe he didn't know the ball had been kicked out by his team due to injury. i didn't watch the game, so maybe he was picking his nose somewhere and wasn't paying attention...

He was the player who went down. Also, after the goal and he had a chance to consider what happened, he seemed defiant, if anything. Honestly this is much worse than Leeds playing on while the Aston Villa player was injured. I would prefer if that norm were universal but it very much is not consistently followed. But taking advantage of someone who is trying to do you a favor is obviously wrong in any context.

Here's additional footage of the sequence. Tillman seems anything but apologetic. His hands are in the "what else did you expect me to do" position. If he didn't know what he did until afterwards he'd use the universal "I'm sorry" gesture of elbows down, hands up, palms out or something similar. Watch 2:20-2:40.

OTOH, his coach claims he was unaware.

Reactions: moogoo
He was the player who went down. Also, after the goal and he had a chance to consider what happened, he seemed defiant, if anything. Honestly this is much worse than Leeds playing on while the Aston Villa player was injured. I would prefer if that norm were universal but it very much is not consistently followed. But taking advantage of someone who is trying to do you a favor is obviously wrong in any context.
These Americans are what’s wrong with the sport. Has no one taught them the basic manners and or norms of football?

Reactions: moogoo

guess he was oblivious to it. though i think he still had to have known if play had stopped for awhile while he was on the ground. but he does have a slight bit of excuse since he was the injured player.

it is the norm to play on while someone is injured. there is no obligation to kick the ball out. but teams still do it as a sign of sportsmanship.

in the rangers case, if they (rangers) really thought tilman was in the wrong, they should have just conceded an easy goal to make it even. but they didn't. so... guess they gave zero fucks.

guess he was oblivious to it. though i think he still had to have known if play had stopped for awhile while he was on the ground. but he does have a slight bit of excuse since he was the injured player.

it is the norm to play on while someone is injured. there is no obligation to kick the ball out. but teams still do it as a sign of sportsmanship.

in the rangers case, if they (rangers) really thought tilman was in the wrong, they should have just conceded an easy goal to make it even. but they didn't. so... guess they gave zero fucks.
Rangers gave them a goal, watch the video mgarbowski mgarbowski posted above

Scroll through Rangers’ Twitter feed. Not one tweet mentions James Sands at all but they do have a tweet celebrating the goal by Tillman.

Now, tbf, they did seem to initially think the Sands goal was an own goal and they have that, but they never correct it, nor give the late winner to advance in the cup by a guy who just scored his first professional goal anything.

That’s fucking weak

Scroll through Rangers’ Twitter feed. Not one tweet mentions James Sands at all but they do have a tweet celebrating the goal by Tillman.

Now, tbf, they did seem to initially think the Sands goal was an own goal and they have that, but they never correct it, nor give the late winner to advance in the cup by a guy who just scored his first professional goal anything.

That’s fucking weak
What's fucking weak is the USMNT tweeting out a celebration of Tillman's goal, poor sportsmanship and all, and completely ignoring Sands'.