Jo Inge Berget [Forward]

But didn't Mix have even more trouble with PV as he did with Kreis?

Really, that anyone would come to NYCFC after consulting with Mix just adds to the mystery.
Yes, but we also haven't seen Mix besides some weird twitter poetry really criticize the team. Makes me think that organizationally the club treated Mix great and he just wasn't Vieria's type of player.

But didn't Mix have even more trouble with PV as he did with Kreis?

Really, that anyone would come to NYCFC after consulting with Mix just adds to the mystery.
I mean, he got paid and didn't have to work, isn't that the best possible situation? ;)

Reactions: mgarbowski
giphy.gif

Reactions: Futbolkicks
So if they can't replace him like for like in this window (is Terence Boyd any good?), then the narrative shifts from "they're not spending money" to "they're actively trying to spend less money".

So if they can't replace him like for like in this window (is Terence Boyd any good?), then the narrative shifts from "they're not spending money" to "they're actively trying to spend less money".
I definitely think they’re actively trying to spend less money (hello, we never even touched our discretionary TAM last season), and I’ve been wondering if this change in spending methodology was the writing on the wall for Claudio to have his son go elsewhere - was it known last year (or earlier) that the purse strings were tightening so the first team (minus Villa) wasn’t going to be a good environment for Gio to develop???? In all seriousness, why would a prodigy ever consider joining a roster lacking true stars to learn from and be tested against - they just wouldn’t.

Spending less than $800k on a backup striker might not be a bad idea though? I mean assuming we get any kind of striker at all.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
This guy sucked always slower than everyone else.
he reminded me of myself when i play hoops with people who are really good and I always see the ball going past me because i am always to slow to realize the pass was coming to me.

This guy sucked always slower than everyone else.
he reminded me of myself when i play hoops with people who are really good and I always see the ball going past me because i am always to slow to realize the pass was coming to me.
Agreed. He had two moves. Stay central and make a spastic attempt to flick the ball onto the wing which more often then not failed. Or to make early runs (really early to make up for his lack of pace I presume) to the wing in attempts to suck out his marker, except no one ever followed him cause whats the harm of a lanky turd who can't pass on the wing. He would either be offside or just crowd the wing when he needed to be in the box on the receiving end of a cross. The goals he did score should have been converted in a pub league. He missed plenty of easy ones to boot.

We could do better for cheaper. I genuinely think he was signed for his beard.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Might have to figure out a post on which NYCFC alums have played in the Champions League group stage.

Angelino
Reyna
Berget (soon)

Anyone else???

What about the forward that was only here for a season, was it Mendoza? I think he might have ended up in the group stage at some point.

What about the forward that was only here for a season, was it Mendoza? I think he might have ended up in the group stage at some point.
Stiven Mendoza. Let's see.

He spent 2.5 years in Ligue 1 with Amiens and then half a season in Ligue 2 after they were relegated. Seems he is now back in Brazil.

No Champions League appearances.

5 goals in 24 MLS games. 9 goals in 53 Ligue 1 games.