La Galaxy Are Going To Get Wrecked; Lafc Has A Stadium Design

Isn't USC in a ghetto?

We could never get a location like that. It would have to be built in South Harlem.

Was there last year. The area around the coliseum has a grouping of museums around it and USC. It isn't a shit hole but not a great neighbourhood. South Central still is South Central.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yes because Yankee stadium and 90% of all stadiums are usually in very affluent areas

I think you missed my point. It's not that a stadium has to be built in a bad area, but the proximity of the stadium to anything else of interest.

If you look at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, SafeCo in Seattle, etc., there are stadiums around the country located downtown. The best is probably where the Giants play in San Francisco. I just meant the proximity to Midtown Manhattan would require a stadium no further than South Harlem - south of 125th St.

Back to the LAFC Stadium - didn't realize that the area around USC was coming around. That's great.

MagnusPax MagnusPax What I had read is that they wanted to build this on campus or right near campus and it would be a dual use stadium for USC and LAFC.

The Galaxy's location is horrible. LAFC will have prime real estate right at USC's campus in downtown LA. They'll have the college kids almost like a built-in fanbase. If they can get the kids to essentially "adopt" them, the place will be packed every game. LAFC aren't screwing around.

LAFC - Red and Gold? Unofficial nickname "Trojans?"

EDIT: Oh god, maybe we should be the Trojans. We looked like a MLS team, until we opened it up and SURPRISE - MAN CITY! :(

Last edited:
The runner up stadium is amazing (minus the beach/pool, that's just stupid). Let's be honest here if the players get free agency and the cap goes up as much as a lot of us expect. It looks like Fox and ESPN got a fucking steal on their TV deal. The MLS trajectory is pointed way up.

I think you missed my point. It's not that a stadium has to be built in a bad area, but the proximity of the stadium to anything else of interest.

If you look at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, SafeCo in Seattle, etc., there are stadiums around the country located downtown. The best is probably where the Giants play in San Francisco. I just meant the proximity to Midtown Manhattan would require a stadium no further than South Harlem - south of 125th St.

Back to the LAFC Stadium - didn't realize that the area around USC was coming around. That's great.

MagnusPax MagnusPax What I had read is that they wanted to build this on campus or right near campus and it would be a dual use stadium for USC and LAFC.
It's my understanding that it will be on campus, where the arena is now at Exhibition Place. I would Imsgine there's some cross use with school, but I've never read any concrete plans. Certainly won't be their football team.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think I could get used to the in-stadium pool thing...

Jacksonville has a few pools around the stadium:
pool%206.jpeg

afternoon-break-025-08042014.jpg

jags-pool-booty-12.jpg

There were designs for Chivas to go there... It so been in the works for a long time.