Lag/dcu Trade-jermaine Jones To Lag?

MikeDatTiger

Registered
Mar 21, 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
So The Galaxy traded Kofi Opare to Dc United in exchange for a 2015 draft pick and swapping allocation spots. The last part has made people wonder whether LAG did this to try to nab Jermaine Jones who has spent his post-World Cup time hanging out in Los Angeles. However, they already have three DPs (Gonzalez, Donovan, Keane) meaning they would have to trade one of the three to make room.

Let's pretend for a moment LAG does need to move one of the three and approaches NYCFC. What deal would you propose?

So The Galaxy traded Kofi Opare to Dc United in exchange for a 2015 draft pick and swapping allocation spots. The last part has made people wonder whether LAG did this to try to nab Jermaine Jones who has spent his post-World Cup time hanging out in Los Angeles. However, they already have three DPs (Gonzalez, Donovan, Keane) meaning they would have to trade one of the three to make room.

Let's pretend for a moment LAG does need to move one of the three and approaches NYCFC. What deal would you propose?
I won't fight the hypo, even though I think they'll sell Omar, Landycakes wouldn't leave LA and LA wouldn't part ways with Keane.

If we could have any one of them, I'd take Keane b/c he's almost Henry-like in his ability to create. We could give up our entire super draft for him, and that would be fine.

But my actual opinion is we shouldn't do a deal for any of them. The only player they have that seems realistic to me and I really covet is Rogers. He's transitioning well to LB.

HOTTY TODDY ;)

In a related move, by moving Jacobson to NYCFC, Dallas now has $400k cap room & #2 on allocation list.

Wonder what their planning?

I would love him for NYC, but if he goes to Chivas, he instantly boosts that franchise back into relevance. Rebrand and start with Jones? Make it so.

I would love him for NYC, but if he goes to Chivas, he instantly boosts that franchise back into relevance. Rebrand and start with Jones? Make it so.

If they keep Cubo, that could be an exciting team fairly quickly. It's worth noting that right now Chivas is using all three of its DPs although it seems that only Torres is above the DP salary.

Lalas just said Jermaine Jones is heading to Chicago and Chi-town wants to make 2 or 3 big signings to get back in the title hunt.

The East, on paper, looking pretty intriguing next year. We lose Houston to the Western conference but pick up a Kaka-led Orlando club looking to make some noise. DCU has rebuilt but will look to add more.Chicago might have Jermaine Jones and Mike Magee leading the charge, they could be dangerous. New England are looking for an impact DP and there's already a ton of young talent there. Montreal is revamping, Toronto are looking for another DP or two.

And if Henry and Cahill leave NJRB, they'll have plenty of cash to splash in the Winter. East could be the Beast next Spring...

Last edited:
Lalas just said Jermaine Jones is heading to Chicago and Chi-town wants to make 2 or 3 big signings to get back in the title hunt.

The East, on paper, looking pretty intriguing next year. We lose Houston to the Western conference but pick up a Kaka-led Orlando club looking to make some noise. DCU has rebuilt but will look to add more.Chicago might have Jermaine Jones and Mike Magee leading the charge, they could be dangerous. New England are looking for an impact DP and there's already a ton of young talent there. Montreal is revamping, Toronto are looking for another DP or two.

And if Henry and Cahill leave NJRB, they'll have plenty of cash to splash in the Winter. East could be the Beast next Spring...

Bring it on! :p

Jermaine Jones just tweeted that the six million dollar offer that was reported from the fire was not accurate.