Lampard received treatment/job offer from Chelsea

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ridge-legends-ahead-Conte-arrival-News-Gossip

Sunday Express says Chelsea want to offer him a coaching role. This is like a reverse Drogba situation, where we're all praying that he goes.

Also says he got treatment from Chelsea's physios recently. Just bizarre.

You can't blame him for his 9/11 comments, he was young…
You can't blame him for going on loan to MCFC…
You can't blame him for MCFC keeping him…
You can't blame him for being hurt…
You can't blame him for getting hurt again…
You can't blame him for doing TV on his personal time…
You can't blame him for leaving NYC to rehab with a team he used to play for…

I'm sensing a pattern.

You can't blame him for his 9/11 comments, he was young…
You can't blame him for going on loan to MCFC…
You can't blame him for MCFC keeping him…
You can't blame him for being hurt…
You can't blame him for getting hurt again…
You can't blame him for doing TV on his personal time…
You can't blame him for leaving NYC to rehab with a team he used to play for…

I'm sensing a pattern.
Please retire so we can sign someone now that the European season is coming to an end!

I don't understand why NYCFC allowed this?!? The Chelsea physios have no loyalty to a CFG club and obviously this contributed to Vieira not knowing Lamp's status each week. It's pretty well known that his wife refuses to live in NYC - this just seems like a convenient way for him to spend time with her. Not that I'm against him seeing his wife, but she can be a big girl and visit in NYC while he rehabs with the club. What's really interesting is how many European athletes rehab in the US because the quality of care is leagues better, and yet fat frank decides Chelsea has the better staff?!? He has zero loyalty to NYCFC save for cashing his check.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
At this point, Lamps can make the 18, but I just don't see where he fits in. He's going to be completely healthy and still sitting our bench.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Why on earth wouldn't his wife want to live in NYC?

Simply from a financial perspective, London provides her with an infinite number of opportunities to earn a living compared to New York considering her husband is going to earn pennies as a coach for a mid table Premier League squad.

Simply from a financial perspective, London provides her with an infinite number of opportunities to earn a living compared to New York considering her husband is going to earn pennies as a coach for a mid table Premier League squad.
That's my bad. For some reason I had it in my head that she was a model/fashion designer. Just Googled it and saw she's a UK TV presenter. Whoops. I guess I don't remember that one episode of Play to the Whistle she was on as well and I thought :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kjbert
At this point, Lamps can make the 18, but I just don't see where he fits in. He's going to be completely healthy and still sitting our bench.

He fits in perfectly for Mikey Lopez. He's not as athletic, but he goes box to box, will harass the opposition midfield and back 2 and links play between Pirlo/Bravo and our Forwards. No way he can play a full 90 like that, but then you have Lopez or Poku depending on the score.

PV is a genius. He's found a way to fit all three of these guys in.