Light Esb Blue... Or Red

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Prior to the NYCFC v RBNY game there will be a competition which will decide the color of the Empire State Building the night before the game.
We will hit you guys with some emails making sure everyone is voting through every possible median. Twitter and the MLS site as well as the events if possible.
Light the Empire building Blue!

The vote is being conducted by Windows in partnership with NYCFC/RBNY/MLS and Empire State Building.
Online Voting will start Wednesday 24th and run through Saturday 27th 1pm.
Here's my email copy from the event organizers.

There will be two ways to cast a vote, via the MLSsoccer.com website or the tweeting/retweeting of hashtags (#WINNYCFC or #WINRBNY). The URL to the website will be provided the week of the website launch.

All four days our team will be taking votes at Legend’s Bar and around NYC at the events stated below:

Wednesday 24th: Steve Nash Chinatown Showdown(@SteveNashFdn/#ShowdownNY)

Thursday 25th: Legend’s bar/Football Factory HQ(FFactoryNY)

Friday 26th: Kicking and Screening Event(@KSFilmFest)

Saturday 27th: Empire State Building Lighting at dusk(#EmpireStateBuilding/@EmpireStateBldg)

NYCFC should give us extra Cityzens points for using the hashtag. #WINNYCFC #NYCFC #NYisBlue

Reactions: The Toe
Prior to the NYCFC v RBNY game there will be a competition which will decide the color of the Empire State Building the night before the game.
We will hit you guys with some emails making sure everyone is voting through every possible median. Twitter and the MLS site as well as the events if possible.
Light the Empire building Blue!

The vote is being conducted by Windows in partnership with NYCFC/RBNY/MLS and Empire State Building.
Online Voting will start Wednesday 24th and run through Saturday 27th 1pm.
Here's my email copy from the event organizers.

There will be two ways to cast a vote, via the MLSsoccer.com website or the tweeting/retweeting of hashtags (#WINNYCFC or #WINRBNY). The URL to the website will be provided the week of the website launch.

All four days our team will be taking votes at Legend’s Bar and around NYC at the events stated below:

Wednesday 24th: Steve Nash Chinatown Showdown(@SteveNashFdn/#ShowdownNY)

Thursday 25th: Legend’s bar/Football Factory HQ(FFactoryNY)

Friday 26th: Kicking and Screening Event(@KSFilmFest)

Saturday 27th: Empire State Building Lighting at dusk(#EmpireStateBuilding/@EmpireStateBldg)

I'm going to make sure to add this information to the next few podcast episodes. Thanks so much for providing this NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan

Reactions: Kjbert
Only votes/tweets from within NYC should count.
i have a feeling this is going to get hijacked by the rest of MLS/ cosmos keyboard warriors fans who hate nycfc fans due to the connection with Man city even if they are not RB fans.

Reactions: LionNYC
i have a feeling this is going to get hijacked by the rest of MLS/ cosmos keyboard warriors fans who hate nycfc fans due to the connection with Man city even if they are not RB fans.

Don't worry, I'll be voting every second from the time the poll opens to the time it closes. They better allow multiple votes.

Forum Members This is reminder to vote BLUE starting on the 24th of June, 2015

NYCFC, RBNY fans can battle to light up the Empire State Building (voting starts June 24)

JUNE 17, 2015

upload_2015-6-23_0-32-37.png

The second meeting between New York City FC and the New York Red Bulls is right around the corner, which means it's again time to let everyone know where you stand.

Villa or BWP? Mix or Dax? Jason or Jesse?

And, of course, are you blue or red?

How you answer that question could determine the color of the Big Apple's most iconic building: the Empire State Building.

In a special Rivalry Week program presented by Windows, fans will be able to cast their votes for NYCFC Blue or RBNY Red on MLSsoccer.com and via social media. The voting begins at 8:00 am ET on Wednesday, June 24, and ends at 1:00 pm ET on Saturday, June 27. The club that tallies the most total votes will have its colors light up the ESB on Saturday night.

Check back on June 24 to cast your vote and show exactly where you stand.

New York City FCNew York Red Bulls

· New York City FC vs. New York Red Bulls | MLS Match Preview

· Real Salt Lake vs. Columbus Crew SC | MLS Match Preview

Sporting Kansas City vs. Colorado Rapids | MLS Match Preview

Do we have any programmers here?

Allow me to tell a quick story. This year Wembley had a competition to light up the arch above the stadium in Spurs colors or Chelsea colors depending on Twitter hashtags like this.

Obviously Chelsea has many MANY more fans but some intrepid Spurs fans created a Twitter account that would find any mentions of that Spurs hashtag and reply to it with a comment including it. It therefore doubled every vote.

Spurs won the competition by just a bit.

Any chance anyone can work on something like that?

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders