Malachi Jones [Forward]

An absolute joke that the team PR department didn't put something out before Malachi did. I don't care that it's the weekend; they work in sports. 21,000 fans watched him get injured in a gruesome incident on Friday night. They need to give an update.

Best wishes to Malachi on a speedy recovery. That was a brutal scene.

Sucks. He was a nice spark.
His potential as a player is off the charts. But what kills me (well, not quite yet LOL) is the fact he has to go through this after all he's endured, and just as things were really getting great for him.

But he's young, a great athlete, a very intact individual and he'll get tons of support. He'll be back.

I’ll be honest what I’m absolutely shocked about was the difference of care for the players. Our guy was carried off by two technical staff, one on each side holding him up by his arms. Their guy was on a stretcher and carted out with oxygen tubes. For the same injury. Unless that was Malichi’s choice, just seems really odd.

I’ll be honest what I’m absolutely shocked about was the difference of care for the players. Our guy was carried off by two technical staff, one on each side holding him up by his arms. Their guy was on a stretcher and carted out with oxygen tubes. For the same injury. Unless that was Malichi’s choice, just seems really odd.

Stajduhar gave every indication that he was in extreme pain immediately, yelling and desperately waving his hands. It was distressing to watch. His teammates looked at his leg and waved frantically for medical to come with anguished looks on their faces. My point is it was obvious to him and everyone around he had a terrible injury requiring immediate attention and special care.

Malachi was outwardly very different. He did not indicate anything close to that level of pain. For a while I even hoped he would walk it off, or maybe just need a week to recover. I have to think his leg showed less outward signs of the break and he felt less pain, otherwise he and his teammates are stoics of previously unseen capabilities. I think that although he could not put weight on the leg he thought at first it was a much lesser injury so he wanted to show strength and walk off at least partly by his own power.

Stajduhar gave every indication that he was in extreme pain immediately, yelling and desperately waving his hands. It was distressing to watch. His teammates looked at his leg and waved frantically for medical to come with anguished looks on their faces. My point is it was obvious to him and everyone around he had a terrible injury requiring immediate attention and special care.

Malachi was outwardly very different. He did not indicate anything close to that level of pain. For a while I even hoped he would walk it off, or maybe just need a week to recover. I have to think his leg showed less outward signs of the break and he felt less pain, otherwise he and his teammates are stoics of previously unseen capabilities. I think that although he could not put weight on the leg he thought at first it was a much lesser injury so he wanted to show strength and walk off at least partly by his own power.
This.

On TV I implored my wife not to watch the replay because of how you could see Stajduhar's leg bent where it shouldn't be bent. Malachi's leg showed none of that horrible floppiness.

Reactions: ZYanksRule

Just wanted to point out I’m not upset by the care of the staff and the reactions of the players. Just making an observation about how both players reacted to what was eventually the same/similar injury.

Reactions: mgarbowski

I've been thinking about this too. Would like the Club to answer about why this was the case. Yes Stajduhar's injury looked worse, but it kind of felt like they didn't have the manpower to deal with two serious injuries at the same time.

I'm not sure I totally buy that. Malachi was writhing on the ground on pain and that leg wasn't moving at all. I immediately feared he had broken his leg, though I didn't think it was a tib/fib like Stajduhar. He did not receive the level of treatment one would expect considering the seriousness of the injury, even if it didn't appear as horrifying as what Stajduhar was dealing with.

Reactions: CCMore
I'm not sure I totally buy that. Malachi was writhing on the ground on pain and that leg wasn't moving at all. I immediately feared he had broken his leg, though I didn't think it was a tib/fib like Stajduhar. He did not receive the level of treatment one would expect considering the seriousness of the injury, even if it didn't appear as horrifying as what Stajduhar was dealing with.
Malachi was literally smiling and waving as they carted him off. Stajduhar was clearly in a lot more distress than Malachi. Maybe Malachi was delusional or just has a higher pain threshold, but the disparity in attention made sense in the moment. I just hope this injury doesn’t affect his confidence long term. That’s gonna be the battle even with a full recovery. He has been (refreshingly) fearless and I don’t think that’s coincidental with this collision. I think it’s one of the reasons it happened. He seems to have the makeup to bounce back and I hope they both have the memory of a goldfish, but I’m not taking it for granted. If either of them fully recovers it will be great. If both do, it will be amazing.

There are different degrees to this type of injury, and I can only assume that explains the different reactions and treatment on the field.

When Stadjuhar was carted off, they had him in a blood pressure cuff and a pulse ox. That made me worried he had fractured his femur (which creates a concern around blood loss, so they need to check).

wow. that's amazing. i know someone who broke their leg and they were on pain meds and non weight bearing for at least a month. glad to know his injury isn't SO severe that he'd be in that kind of situation. to be walking after just a few days and obviously not in tremendous amounts of pain or high on opiods, that's great news.