Men In Blazers Interview Ferran Soriano

Actually, I had already chided myself for leaving him out. He's gutsy.

Looked good in this match. As did my boy who rocks the old school black boots. It's just too bad for Tommy Thompson that he's stuck at a team that totally doesn't fit him.

Oh, and in case you thought tomthom only had moves on the field, check this out.

HAHAHA! I want to see the Tommy Shuffle on display at the Olympics :)

LMFAO he was part of a jerking crew?
This shit gets better. Apparently some other crew was beefin hard with smurfs and tomthom.

Judging by comments (kind of a must to get it), smurfs own their asses.

I can derail anything. A thread about Soriano is now about the jerk crew of a SJ Quakes/Sacramento player when he had to be like 15 yrs old.

Reactions: BxLio91
The best thing we have going for us in this regard is the existing CFG infrastructure. They should definitely understand the need for handlers and the particular maturity level needed for a player to maintain focus in a place like NYC.

I will definitely withhold judgment about loan players until they begin play. I'm pretty excited about it, actually. It's an opportunity to open the floodgates for other big clubs to send young talent here and that should help raise the level of play of the league while bridging the gap as the clubs' respective DAs continue ramping up and maturing into consistent talent producers.

I want to see NYCFC start a proper academy ASAP. I think given the resources available, there's no reason it shouldnt become the La Masia of the Americas. Paraphrasing what Soriano says in the interview, the US is rich in the athletic ability and competitive drive required of a world class player. For me, it's not even about getting every single world class athlete to play soccer. That's not necessary because we have so many athletically gifted kids due to population and our sporting culture. All we need is a venue for exposing kids to the opportunities. As the game rises in profile and public consciousness, that will continue to be easier. Take Deandre Yedlin, for example. Twenty years ago, he'd be battling for a special teams/nickel back slot on an NFL roster, where he'd maybe have a 5 year career - 8 or 9 if he were extremely fortunate. Because he had the opportunity to follow a path to a soccer career, it looks as though he will make much more money and highlight his world class athleticism in a game better suited to his physical stature and talents. He'll also have more opportunities for outside income, as he's a borderline household name already. By the time 2018 gets here, he will be a certifiable celebrity here.

Having the systems in place allow guys like him to be discovered. It's also evidence of the changing of the guard and US soccer infrastructure reaching more than wealthy suburban white kids. Yedlin has that edge that few American players have had: he's fucking fearless. For too long, American players seemed to work hard and believe in the team's ability to win, but they lacked the confidence to individually go after people. For a long time, Dempsey's the one guy who had it. Nowadays, DY has it. Fagundez has it. Rubio Rubin and Pulisic have it by the ton. Akale, Boxi and Emo have it. Lettget would be showing it if Big Sam wasn't a fucking putz who wasn't aware that the rules allow you to play the ball on the ground, not just kick and chase and send in blind crosses.

We're finally getting close to having some footballers with a little NBA attitude. NYCFC can benefit from this as well as be the big catalyst to take it to the next level. I think we're in for a lot of exciting times as NYCFC supporters, and even more as US supporters (you England folks, well...Let's leave that out until Roy is gone).

Let's line up and play today. I'm absolutely fucking amped for this NYCFC team, this cycle of int'l play with all of the great tourneys and the continued growth of MLS. It's all symbiotic and synergistic, and we are here to see it unfold. Fuck yeah.

Spot on. And compared to the expenses involved in the English game, setting up the finest academy in North America would cost relative peanuts.