MLS - April 20 - D.C. (Home - CF)

Are we decent? We had some good attacking flair several times today. It's my understanding that this was a depleted DCU squad.

Keaton and Sands are looking better. Santi is still the heartbeat of this club. Bakrar - it's time for the bench.

Well folks, I’m afraid the news is not good, alas
View attachment 13290
Also no pastrami. And no Blitzkrieg Bop. Now that the stadium is secured they are just gonna coast on the game day experience until 27.
ETA: I meant no Pastrami in the stadium, which I’d rate #2 in the city. I had no confidence that the TR could competently deliver Katz to everyone and I guess I was right

As for the match. I don’t care that they were depleted. We’ve played worse against depleted sides in the past. We dominated, Freese was hardly tested, we neutralized Benteke completely, both Julian and Ojeda look to be the real deal, Sands and Keaton and O’Tool were solid, Santi continues to play out of impossible situations and aside from the Bakear hoodoo, this was a solid performance.

Reactions: Vallos and gbservis
Really, really good performance. I thought Keaton was all over the place. Every time I looked up he was on the ball.

Ojeda looked great, Fernandez looked good, and Santi is on his way to a career year.

That all being said, Bakrar really shouldn't start anymore. I don't care of Jovan can only give 60 minutes -- I'd rather those 60 minutes than 75 from Bakrar. I'm sure this is just a slump, but he can't score. He does everything right, but he can't finish. At this point, I can't have a No. 9 who can't finish. He can't start anymore.

Aside from that, really good performance. Easily their best of the season. Even after the goal, we didn't back up and defend. We continued to attack and dominated the game.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
I was hopeful that when Bakar placed the ball in the net (and receiving a yellow for time wasting I assume) and the crowd I think were mostly cheering in support of him. I really thought “maybe this the Francis Lindor moment and everyone rows the boat in the same direction with positive vibes”. But that miss sunk that ship.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
I was hopeful that when Bakar placed the ball in the net (and receiving a yellow for time wasting I assume) and the crowd I think were mostly cheering in support of him. I really thought “maybe this the Francis Lindor moment and everyone rows the boat in the same direction with positive vibes”. But that miss sunk that ship.
Brutal. Had he been scoring this year, even a little, everyone would have just shrugged their shoulders and said, "It happens. Even the best of 'em can miss a sitter." But when you're in a drought like this, especially from the start of the season ...

On Bakrar, I just want to point out that our first goal owed significantly to him holding up and then springing Hannes. It was really good play from him. Still plenty to do. But the goal started with excellent play from him.

I do want to see what Jovan can do. But I don’t think there is any player I am rooting for more than Bakrar.

Blitzkrieg Bop still missing. Complained to my account representative and staff at the membership table. I am sure it will make a difference.

Wolf's best game to this point. Beyond the assist, he progressed the ball much better today. Santi a deserved MOTM, but Wolf second in line for me.

Six pitchside games, six wins, 12-1 goal differential. Next time we host a playoff game, hook me up intern.

On Bakrar, I just want to point out that our first goal owed significantly to him holding up and then springing Hannes. It was really good play from him. Still plenty to do. But the goal started with excellent play from him.

I do want to see what Jovan can do. But I don’t think there is any player I am rooting for more than Bakrar.
Same here. He's a pretty good player who is in a pretty bad place right now