Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
FC Cincinnati vs. New York City FC
Saturday, August 26 7:30 PM ET
TQL Stadium
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

It would be so MLS for Cincy to flat out dominate this game and NYCFC scores 2 goals on 2 shots and wins 2-0.

Reactions: JCMore
Cincy playing at home vs Messi League Soccer tonight in the Open Cup semis. Playing their first choice lineup and it’s 91 degrees at kickoff.

May this game go 120 minutes and penalties.

Cincy playing at home vs Messi League Soccer tonight in the Open Cup semis. Playing their first choice lineup and it’s 91 degrees at kickoff.

May this game go 120 minutes and penalties.

called it.

insane game. to let campana have a free header at the end of stoppage time.. crazy.

inter messi continues to roll on...

cinci should be tired for us. here's hoping that gives us enough advantage to squeeze out 3 points. but they won't be wanting to lose at home AGAIN.

every non Miami fan (again)
Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

FCC may be gasssed and discouraged from that nut cracking loss in the heat vs Miami mid week.
I think we have a shot at taking 3 points.
Can't remember the last time I said that! ;)

unorganized and uninspiring performance. did not look like a team that wanted to win from the first whistle. maxi's frustration and confusion as to why no one was doing anything was readily apparent.

nick finally has some players and decides to send out an out of shape fernandez with a back 3 that didn't include chanot. then takes out our #9 and replaces him with magno. if anybody can make any sense of these decisions, please enlighten me.

imo, this season is essentially over and the players are playing like they know it is. they need a spark and inspiration, but i don't blame them if they don't want to run through a wall for nick. this team needs a kick in the ass and nick isn't the type of personality to give it to them.

i say he gets the sack as soon as we're mathematically eliminated and if the front office has any fucking clue, they should have a few replacements lined up to call if and when that happens. of course, the front office dropped the ball this season so we all know they don't have replacements lined up either.

sigh.

Reactions: Joe_Cos
It’s hard to know where to begin with this one, there is so much awful to go around.

First, the formation. I still am not sure what they were playing in the midfield or up front. Maxi was everywhere but it seemed by necessity because no one knew where to go.

Second, this team has no idea what to do in the final third, they get the ball in wide positions and no one is in the box. No one drives the ball forward (in contrast to FCC who is well drilled and created constant danger). If the objective of soccer was to pass it around midfield and the top of the 18 and then eventually send it in to be easily cleared, this team would be champions. They are so slow and predictable which makes them EASY to defend and play against. FCC never had to get out of third gear tonight.

Third, individual mistakes. Those were again EASY goals for FCC. A rebound pushed right to the striker in the six with an empty net, an undefended cutback with once again, an open net, and a free header on a set piece. FCC didn’t make a single mistake that gave NYCFC a chance as easy as those.

It’s not a shame to lose to Cincinnati (although 3 times in one year…ugh), but at least show some compete and cohesion. There is none. And there hasn’t been the whole season. Cushing needs to go.

Just watched. Have they fired Nick yet?

There have been a lot of matches where we were unlucky this season and I was willing to give Nick and the the team the benefit of the doubt when we outplayed the opposition and tied or lost for lack of a finishing touch here and there.

The last three we have just not been good. At all. If not for late interventions by our homegrowns (the only players on in the last 25 mins who seemed to care) this one would have been 5-0.

We DO have a style. It’s plodding, cautious and indirect (ETA and most of all, predictable). And that is on the coach.

Reactions: moogoo