Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
St. Louis CITY SC vs. New York City FC
Saturday, March 2, 8:30 PM ET
CITYPARK
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Likely the only time we'll be playing in St. Louis for the next 4-5 years.
In 2022 we played 8 West opponents, then 6 each in 2023 and 2024. Repeats include

Galaxy 2022 and 2024
Vancouver, Minnesota and RSL 2022 and 2023
Portland 2023 and 2024
Colorado 2022 and 2024

Meanwhile we haven't played LAFC since 2021, and that was the only West Conference opponent in 2021.
There's no pattern or reason to it that I can see. We might not play St. Louis for a few years, or we could play them 3 times in 4.

ETA: I didn’t catch the “in” part. Still, schedule is weird enough I wouldn’t rule it out, but yes, a fair guess,, but maybe just for 3-4 years

Last edited:
In 2022 we played 8 West opponents, then 6 each in 2023 and 2024. Repeats include

Galaxy 2021 and 2024
Vancouver, Minnesota and RSL 2022 and 2023
Portland 2023 and 2024
Colorado 2022 and 2024

Meanwhile we haven't played LAFC since 2021, and that was the only West Conference opponent in 2021.
There's no pattern or reason to it that I can see. We might not play St. Louis for a few years, or we could play them 3 times in 4.

ETA: I didn’t catch the “in” part. Still, schedule is weird enough I wouldn’t rule it out, but yes, a fair guess,, but maybe just for 3-4 years
I'll bet you it just has to do with what teams pair up best scheduling-wise. Still annoying, though.

In 2021, matches were still regionalized because of COVID.

We'll only have 3 Western Conference away matches each season as long as there's 30 teams in MLS and a 34 match schedule (playing each Eastern Conference team home/away and the rest split between home/away for Western Conferences teams).

But yeah, who knows how they determine the inter-Conference games each season. Scheduling? Traveling? TV?

Last year they had localized broadcasters -- I wonder if they hired Joe to handle NYCFC and Red Bulls home games. He lives locally so that limits travel for all the other broadcasters into New York. Guess we'll find out next week.
I thought all the broadcasters were in a single location calling all the games, except the marquee ones of Zivin/Twellman

Reactions: KevinJRogers
From the "Keys to the Match" article on the team's website it sounds like Ojeda is with the team and will likely be available so hopefully we set to see him at least as a sub. Interested to see if Jovan takes the starting ST spot. From the Away end article, it sounds like St. Louis City SC is dealing with some considerable injuries across the backline, maybe a weaker 2nd string defense lets us get our offense going to build some confidence. Excited for this one.