Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Inter Miami CF vs. New York City FC
Saturday, March 30, 7:30 PM ET
DRV PNK Stadium
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

NYC ranks 28th in Away Goals per Game for 2023-24 combined over 20 Away games. They rank 27th in Away xGoals per game in the same period.
It's not a fluke. It's not a tough schedule. It's not the international break.
It's the coach and the team. They suck on the road. They don't create chances and they don't finish them.

Unless we see real progress in this game against Miami, of the sort that involves scoring multiple actual or at least x -Goals, it would be folly to consider this team, coach and roster to be on track if they have a successful 5-game home set. You are not successful if you cannot end up in at least the middle third of Away points for the year. Last year the only teams worse than NYC Away were Colorado, Montreal and Toronto. This year the team not only has 0 points in 3 games they have 0 goals as well. Even a single hypothetical good result against Miami can't really show a growth curve in away play.

Last edited:
i just want nick to set us up to attack. we are at LEAST aggressive with the press and it resulted in some turnovers against FCC. but we need to be attacking and aggressive once we get the ball as well and that's gotta be a coaching thing, right? put my attackers on the field!

miami are poor defensively. if we attack, we will score.

Reactions: mgarbowski
While the match wasn't much fun to watch I'm actually pretty neutral about it as we were short nine players or something. This would have been a great lineup for a preseason match, which unfortunately this was not.
Oops, meant to post this in the Cincinnati thread.

Dust off and fire up the "MLS Officiating: it's shit-tastic" thread.

Inter Miami vs New York City FC
Chase Stadium (7:30PM ET)
REF: Filip Dujic
AR1: Corey Parker
AR2: Kevin Klinger
4TH: Sergii Demianchuk
VAR: Kevin Stott
AVAR: Joshua Patlak

• Haha
Reactions: LionNYC and JCMore
Dust off and fire up the "MLS Officiating: it's shit-tastic" thread.

Inter Miami vs New York City FC
Chase Stadium (7:30PM ET)
REF: Filip Dujic
AR1: Corey Parker
AR2: Kevin Klinger
4TH: Sergii Demianchuk
VAR: Kevin Stott
AVAR: Joshua Patlak
I like Corey Parker but Filip can go filip himself

This is becoming my worst away day to date and I haven’t even left the airport yet. 7:30 PM flight delayed to 12:30 AM. Set to arrive around 3:15 AM. Only thing close was 2018 opening day in Kansas City. At least then the flight was cancelled before I left home and was reschedule for the next day. Still made it in time to enjoy the best BBQ of my life.

This is the first trip I’m taking with my girlfriend who was so nice to even buy an NYCFC hat. Hopefully it gets better.

First time in a long time that Delta really screwed the pooch.