MLS - May 27 - Philadelphia (Home)

If he benches Talles for the 2nd time this season, does Talles react in a way that makes things worse? At the end of the day, getting him back to the performances we know he's capable of is more important than discipline. Tough love already hasn't worked once, not sure it's a good idea to go back to it again.

I don't disagree in a vacuum, but Talles has already been benched because of behavior once.

They can’t bench him. They have 13 months to sell him.

Reactions: twsj91 and Gene
Guido Gonzales Jr who was the referee for this match will be the referee for Kansas City vs. Dallas tomorrow. Shame from PRO that he wasn't demoted to 4TH or USL for a match.

I don’t even understand the point of making the sign. Does someone think the front office is going to see it and be motivated by some fan holding up a sign? Does someone think it’s cool to hold up a sign about someone losing his job (whether or not it’s warranted)? I know it may be what coaches/athletes sign up for, but it’s still kind of weak and silly.
<yawn> Wake me up when we do like the English and charter a Cessna to fly a banner above the stadium LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
<yawn> Wake me up when we do like the English and charter a Cessna to fly a banner above the stadium LOL
Like the English? Getouttaheah! Copycat English more like it. What do we teach in American history these days anyways!?

NY/NJ has a tradition of football protest airplanes dating back at least 45 years!
“15 Years of Lousy Football – We've Had Enough!” And “Fire Idzik!”

Reactions: JayH
Like the English? Getouttaheah! Copycat English more like it. What do we teach in American history these days anyways!?

NY/NJ has a tradition of football protest airplanes dating back at least 45 years!
“15 Years of Lousy Football – We've Had Enough!” And “Fire Idzik!”

Not disagreeing with you, just that I’ve seen it a good number of times with the Premier League over the years (and also that 1978 was a long time ago!).

Guido Gonzales Jr who was the referee for this match will be the referee for Kansas City vs. Dallas tomorrow. Shame from PRO that he wasn't demoted to 4TH or USL for a match.

If PRO demoted every referee who had a bad game, there would be none left to actually serve as the lead referee. MLS has a refereeing problem; the game has become too fast for most of these guys.

If PRO demoted every referee who had a bad game, there would be none left to actually serve as the lead referee. MLS has a refereeing problem; the game has become too fast for most of these guys.

refs are bad in every league. even in the premier league, the refs mess up constantly and their VAR seem to miss obvious things. Same with any of the other big leagues in the world. sometimes the ref just sucks. but yea, i don't think PRO has enough refs to demote/punish all the bad ones w/o them doing something pretty egregious.

refs are bad in every league. even in the premier league, the refs mess up constantly and their VAR seem to miss obvious things. Same with any of the other big leagues in the world. sometimes the ref just sucks. but yea, i don't think PRO has enough refs to demote/punish all the bad ones w/o them doing something pretty egregious.
If the best refs in the best leagues in the world mess up constantly, then maybe that's what great reffing looks like.

• Haha
Reactions: moogoo
Watched the instant replay segment where MLS reviewed the two calls, it is hilarious how they pick and choose what to review.

On the Martins foul, the entire discussion is “dogso or no dogso” and concludes that the right call was made for no dogso. No mention that it is outside the box at all!

On the Segal no-PK, the rationale is that “there was contact but not sure if enough to make Segal go down” - oh, so we can estimate contact and only if it’s enough is that a penalty?

In both scenarios “the ref made the right call”. What a shill.

• Angry
Reactions: LionNYC