MLS - October 2 - Orlando (RBA)

Anyone going? I'm debating to go, since first round of playoffs is right around a Jewish holiday and might not be able to go

I'd like to go... Just have no clue where it's going to be.. in NYC, definitely. In NJ maybe. In CT.. can't.

phone wallpaper GIF

Red Bull arena today

This game is streaming live on the YES App. Will a Yankees potential rain delay change that, I don’t know?

Not showing up in the app nor cable guide at the moment

First half was a real bore, but team came alive in the 2nd half. The Orlando goal was a little flukey and against the run of play, but we were great the rest of the way. Both goals were spectacular.

Alex Callens is hilarious. Goals in three straight games. Awesome to see Talles get back on the scoresheet, too. Hopefully we are healthy at the right time and can go on a run. Third place means the potential of at least two home games, and a tie clinches us the 3-seed unless the Red Bulls win by 8 goals next week. Which ... not happening. The three seed also means ducking Philly until the conference finals if they make it.

Huge, huge win.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
First half was a real bore, but team came alive in the 2nd half. The Orlando goal was a little flukey and against the run of play, but we were great the rest of the way. Both goals were spectacular.

Alex Callens is hilarious. Goals in three straight games. Awesome to see Talles get back on the scoresheet, too. Hopefully we are healthy at the right time and can go on a run. Third place means the potential of at least two home games, and a tie clinches us the 3-seed unless the Red Bulls win by 8 goals next week. Which ... not happening. The three seed also means ducking Philly until the conference finals if they make it.

Huge, huge win.
Ducking Philly (or Montreal if Montreal wins and the Union tie on decision day). That’s right folks, for all the blowout wins, Philly still hasn’t clinched the Eastern conference and lost the shield today.

I still can’t believe NYCFC gave up a goal on a long throw-in. Glad I wasn’t back to my seat yet to see that.

Also, Callens is so massive. Pay the man to be here for a long time, and we’ll build the statue.

Pretty sure after his goal, Talles Magno looked right into the camera and yelled, "New York is Blue!"

The man did that in an NYCFC home game at the Red Bulls stadium. He did 'em dirty. Almost makes going to RBA worth it LOL.

Also, major props to the fans who made the trip across the river. We get jerked around by the schedule so much, and this fanbase continues to turn out, even to Red Bull Arena. Obviously the attendance today was far lower than normal at YS or Citi, but to have this many fans make the trip on such a nasty day -- we are a really dedicated fanbase. Lots of fanbases in MLS have stopped attending games for far fewer reasons than we've been given.

I still can’t believe NYCFC gave up a goal on a long throw-in. Glad I wasn’t back to my seat yet to see that.

Also, Callens is so massive. Pay the man to be here for a long time, and we’ll build the statue.
Callens is our MVP this year for sure. He's been gigantic.

But I think Keaton is, and has been, our key man. We're just a different team when he's on the pitch. Dramatically better.

But I think Keaton is, and has been, our key man. We're just a different team when he's on the pitch. Dramatically better.
Matt Doyle called him the most underrated player in MLS. And it's true. I just hope next season he's fully healthy and can continue to perform well and get a consistent place in the USMNT. If he keeps this up, he'll be back in Europe shortly too.

Watched the highlights on youtube seems like a decent win. The streaming device I've just started using reads out descriptions as you go in a robotic voice and said " showing results for NIFC " which I found amusing. Who will be airing the playoff games?

If he keeps this up, he'll be back in Europe shortly too.
NOOO!!! We want to keep him. LOL

All kidding aside, if he gets the call to go make big money overseas, by all means he should do it. But by all appearances he's pretty happy where he is. There doesn't seem to be anything in the rumor mill on him, either.

As to the USMNT, if Berhalter is still the manager next World Cup cycle I don't think Keaton will get a call. If there's a change, different story.

Reactions: SoupInNYC