MLS - October 30 - Miami (Away)

It is 2021. It is MLS. And the only way I can record the match for time shifting is the Spanish feed. On the plus side, my 1,002 day Duolingo streak has improved my Spanish comprehension immeasurably and I will be fine. On the minus side: WTF MLS. This is some 1996 bullshit. How do you expect to build a fanbase without normal english language TV. NY is the #1 media market. Hello….
I'm on day 15 lol. How would you rate your fluency at this point?

Reactions: Kjbert
I have no problem with Carles Gil being the league MVP (even though he did cool off later in the season), but Taty should absolutely be top-3.

i think Gil set a record for chances created plus his league leading assists on a record setting team (and the fact that Bou and Buksa split the goal totals) will make Gil the MVP.

That said, Taty may win the golden boot (and be second in the league in G+A) and is not even in the top five? Get the eff out of here.

Last edited:
i think Gil set a record for chances created plus his league leading assists on a record setting team (and the fact that Bou and Buksa split the goal totals) will make Gil the MVP.

That said, Taty may win the golden boot (and be second in the league in G+A) and is not even in the top five? Get the eff out of here.

Taty should absoulutely be top 3 in the MVP balloting. Especially with NYCFC climbing up the standings.

Good win. Second in a row that we finally did what should have been expected all year. I worry about the slow pace through much of the match and a LOT of unforced turnovers that Miami failed to capitalize on, but nice to get three goals and win on the road.

I’ll know when I go to Spain next month. I can read almost anything. I can understand a lot if people speak slowly. I spoke a little with a Chilean the other day and he said I was doing fine.
Thanks, so my attempt is not futile I hope!

Three wins in a row! We probably need to have an 8 match win streak (including these last 3) to win MLS Cup. Tall task. I guess we could lose or draw on decision day and only need to win 7 of 8, but that would make our playoff road even tougher.

We missed so many missed opportunities for points this season. We should have the #2 locked down right now. That would have allowed us to rotate much better over the last few congested weeks.

Last edited:
Just listened to the press conference and many “congrats on making the playoffs” but in reality that is not what the win did. On one hand we could still get second place and on the other hand we could still miss the playoffs as of 8:53 Saturday night.

I found a good way to watch this one. I caught it on broadcast TV with my digital antenna. Full HD and got to use the SAP button to listen in English.

Plus, the English announcers were good. Not the usual crew. They knew the league well and had nice analysis of the game.

I found a good way to watch this one. I caught it on broadcast TV with my digital antenna. Full HD and got to use the SAP button to listen in English.

Plus, the English announcers were good. Not the usual crew. They knew the league well and had nice analysis of the game.

Good tip I didn't even think to try checking for an over-the-air broadcast. Depending on your location digital antennas are such a good option that not many people seem to know about, or in my case already have but always forget about.

Reactions: Gotham Gator