MLS Week 18 - 2019

Decent Saturday night so far for NYCFC...

FC Cincinnati 3 - Houston 2
Columbus 1 - Seattle 2
Montreal 2 - Minnesota 3
Kansas City 1 - Chicago 0 (55')

Decent Saturday night so far for NYCFC...

FC Cincinnati 3 - Houston 2
Columbus 1 - Seattle 2
Montreal 2 - Minnesota 3
Kansas City 1 - Chicago 0 (55')
If any of those games end up mattering to us it will mean we had another second half tank job. I'd actually like to see more wins from the bottom half of the East against the West to get the conference average up and undermine the "West is better" narrative.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
LAFC has taken time off from the season to start running instructional camps in scoring. Last night they demonstrated to Vancouver how to hang 6 on an opponent without breaking a sweat.

50goals in 19 matches is pretty ridiculous. The league record is 85 by the ‘98 LAG, but that was MLS 1.0 when defense wasn’t really defense. LAFC is currently on course for 89.5 - only thing in their way is would be a possible drop in fitness/injury streak, which could happen since their stars play the majority of minutes.

I hope Minnesota makes the playoffs.

Also, beat Red Bulls 4-0 and then lose to FC Cincinnati? Well they didn't have much time to rest I guess.
There appear to be many Jekyll/Hyde teams this year.

LAFC has taken time off from the season to start running instructional camps in scoring. Last night they demonstrated to Vancouver how to hang 6 on an opponent without breaking a sweat.

50goals in 19 matches is pretty ridiculous. The league record is 85 by the ‘98 LAG, but that was MLS 1.0 when defense wasn’t really defense. LAFC is currently on course for 89.5 - only thing in their way is would be a possible drop in fitness/injury streak, which could happen since their stars play the majority of minutes.
I went to bed last night with Vancouver leading 1-0 and hanging on around the 30th minute. Yet, I wasn't all that surprised when I woke up and saw the final score this morning.

Also, beat Red Bulls 4-0 and then lose to FC Cincinnati? Well they didn't have much time to rest I guess.
There appear to be many Jekyll/Hyde teams this year.

Houston is rather extreme even by MLS 2019 standards. Their H/A PPG differential is greater then 2. Yes, that is 2.40 PPG at home and 0.38 PPG Away. The only teams with worse PPG Away are Chicago and Cincinnati. Houston has the third best Home record and third worst road record. This was a somewhat predictable pair of results, with game last night being a clash of inevitables. Eventually against all odds, Houston would win a second road game or eventually Cincinnati would win another game, period.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Atlanta's tifo vs. Red Bulls...
tjdn1ca3cx831.jpg

Not to spoil the mood but... That TIFO totally takes Dr Seuss's message and absolutely shits on it in the hardest way possible. It's a cute idea, but I don't think it should have actually been visualized.

Forgetting my Dr. Seuss for a minute, what's the message of the story?

Forgetting my Dr. Seuss for a minute, what's the message of the story?
The message of the story is that having a special symbol doesn't give you a better class status.
Maybe I'm just being extra butt-hurt, but it feels like this TIFO takes that meaning out of the story and spins it into "yeah, it actually is better to have stars on us" which I understand refers to MLS cups sure, but removes that meaning of Dr Seuss's intentions.
...And here we are with ATL losing 2-1, karma :)

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski
The second and third goals the Atlanta backline let up were really, really, really bad

Reactions: Shwafta