Music and what not ...

Homeboy Sandman is the illest. I've been listening to him since Actual Factual Pterodactyl. Saw him live in Brooklyn some years ago and was instantly made a fan. Dude is ridiculous with the flow.

Same for Santigold too. Saw her open up for Bjork before she even had any music for purchase. She's incredible.

Getting into the new stuff ASAP...

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Ahhhh, TV on the Radio! This thread is on fire right now. Went to the premier party for Nine Types of Light. They're a quality band.

Homeboy Sandman is the illest. I've been listening to him since Actual Factual Pterodactyl. Saw him live in Brooklyn some years ago and was instantly made a fan. Dude is ridiculous with the flow.

Same for Santigold too. Saw her open up for Bjork before she even had any music for purchase. She's incredible.

Getting into the new stuff ASAP...

Yeah i had a copy of the diplo santi(o)gold mixtape/mp3 thing with no idea who she was - didn't get to see her until a a few years ago - puts on a hell of a show!

Still amazing...

Edit: As a matter of fact, would this not be freakin' EPIC in the stadium!?
I knew this song before it became mainstream.
24297_max1024.jpg

Seriously though, soon as I pressed play I recognize the horns.
Didn't know that's where Kendrick's producer got it from.

Happy Mardi Gras ... also Game of Thrones!

I really enjoy this type of music but my experience is limited only to what I've heard on NPR (Trombone Shorty, Youngblood Brass Band) or the Treme soundtrack. Would you have any suggestions of bands that a beginner would enjoy?