Music

CP_Scouse

Registered
Mar 27, 2014
Queens
everyone has their own style of music. specificartists, generes and sub generes are all good fuel for a debate.

i personally like Shotty Horroh (rapper from manchester), Jumpstyle (sub-genre of house music), Trap (sub-genre of house music), Beastie Boys, and old rock (floyd, tyx, heart etc etc)

i hate country music with a passion (which would be the topic in next weeks Scouse Rants)

Reactions: einwindir
Music plays a huge part of my life. Growing up I listened to what I was exposed to: country guitar (Chet Atkins), not to be confused with crossover country or pop-country, Classical music and oldies/classic rock. My older cousins listened to 80's hiphop so that rubbed off on me as well.

In HS I found my niche. Metal. Thrash, Speed, Power, Death, Black. All of it. It was a melting pot of everything I grew up with with the addition of some good old fashioned teenage angst.

In my ripe old age of 31 I've found enjoyment in virtually every style. I know what it takes to create music (played with a "gigging" band for 10+ years). I know what it takes to create a record (went to college for Audio Tech and Recording). I love and respect the art.

I can't make the statement that I 'hate' a particular style because there is beauty in all forms lf art. However, I cannot in good faith, respect a 'musician' that does not create to the best of their ability or completely lacks any musical integrity. This is where your teenybopper pop, popcountry, modern rap, bizarre avant-garde type shit where it's just a recording of someone crumbling a paperbag slowed down to -125 bpm, comes in.

To this day my music of choice is Metal. Classical. And what's apparently called BoomBap HipHop.

Tinie Tempah and Dizzy Rascal are two of my favorite english artists. My love of music is very diverse. On a given day I could listen to 50 cent, Bob Marley, Linkin Park, Ke$ha, Blasterjaxx, or Toby Keith

Reactions: NYCBlue
Always been a fan of classical above anything else. I grew up from a young age playing cello, and so before I could ever even get into pop music as a pre-teen I was listening to the stuff I was playing, and realised that I liked it. Then, by the time I was getting to about the age of 15-16 I was playing proper orchestral music and again realised that the music I was playing was far more intricate, complex and beautiful than the fairly bog-standard stuff you get in the pop charts. Rather than pursuing other genres of music, I just immersed myself in classical instead. I love it. To me, classical music is perfection, though I guess that that's largely because I've trained myself into that line of thought.

Always been a fan of classical above anything else. I grew up from a young age playing cello, and so before I could ever even get into pop music as a pre-teen I was listening to the stuff I was playing, and realised that I liked it. Then, by the time I was getting to about the age of 15-16 I was playing proper orchestral music and again realised that the music I was playing was far more intricate, complex and beautiful than the fairly bog-standard stuff you get in the pop charts. Rather than pursuing other genres of music, I just immersed myself in classical instead. I love it. To me, classical music is perfection, though I guess that that's largely because I've trained myself into that line of thought.
Appreciating classical is definitely a learned skill. Any of the fine arts are. A guy like me couldn't careless about the paintings hanging in the Louvre. I just don't know or understand how to properly appreciate them. It's not that people like me aren't smart enough to appreciate art but we lack the patience and perhaps interest to properly analyze it.

As far as (the colloquially accepted term) classical music is concerned, people are intimidated by the sound of an entire orchestra. They hear a mish-mash of noise. With just a basic understanding of the instrument groups and individual instruments you can "learn" to listen to classical. After that you just attack all the famous composers and learn their styles and dig deeper and deeper until you find that 'perfect piece'.

I prefer Romantic Classical: Mahler, Beethoven, Liszt, Schubert, Dvorak, Schumann. And some Baroque, limited mostly to Bach's Brandenburg Concertos and Mozart's Requiem.

Britten's "A Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra" is a fantastic way for newcomers to explore the sounds and traditional roles of instruments.

Reactions: Soccerfanatic94
everyone has their own style of music. specificartists, generes and sub generes are all good fuel for a debate.

i personally like Shotty Horroh (rapper from manchester), Jumpstyle (sub-genre of house music), Trap (sub-genre of house music), Beastie Boys, and old rock (floyd, tyx, heart etc etc)

i hate country music with a passion (which would be the topic in next weeks Scouse Rants)

Give me George Strait, Johnny Cash, etc. any day of the week. Bring on your Rant.

Well as per my Avatar I do of course enjoy Oasis and The smiths. My two all time favorite bands are probably The Clash and The Jam. I don't have much use for rap or modern country. Old country like Johnny Cash or alt country like the theme to true Detective is fine. Just can't stand that pop by people with southern accents and lyrics about Jesus, tractors, wallmart etc. that passes for modern country.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Well as per my Avatar I do of course enjoy Oasis and The smiths. My two all time favorite bands are probably The Clash and The Jam. I don't have much use for rap or modern country. Old country like Johnny Cash or alt country like the theme to true Detective is fine. Just can't stand that pop by people with southern accents and lyrics about Jesus, tractors, wallmart etc. that passes for modern country.
And beer, you forgot beer

I like all types of music. Anyone that grew up in NYC as a 90's kid knows that we were exposed to the best era of hiphop and alt. rock. Tool is my favorite rock band and you can guess the usual suspects about my 90's hiphop tastes and out of the new school I like the Asap Mob, Kendrick, Drake, School boy Q etc... I like a lot of classical music, too. Arvo Paart comes to mind right off the bat and if you have spotify you should definitely look up his work.

i personally like Shotty Horroh (rapper from manchester)
No shit. Are you a fan of his battles?

I dig all genres of music, but right now I am really into Country, both modern and classic (traditional). I can still drop in some old school Beastie Boys or Wu Tang Clan and have a blast.

I like all types of music. Anyone that grew up in NYC as a 90's kid knows that we were exposed to the best era of hiphop and alt. rock. Tool is my favorite rock band and you can guess the usual suspects about my 90's hiphop tastes and out of the new school I like the Asap Mob, Kendrick, Drake, School boy Q etc... I like a lot of classical music, too. Arvo Paart comes to mind right off the bat and if you have spotify you should definitely look up his work.

Him agianst arsonal was pretty good. I like the one against, i forgot his namr but he was short and fat lmaoo

Where's Tribe Called Quest?