My Calculations About The Season Tickets For Sale ( 24,414 The Cap )

Fabio

Registered
Mar 20, 2014
Napoli ( Italia )
I have doing some simple calculations about the number of the season tickets that are for sale for the NYCFC fans. For my calculations they are exactly 24,414 on the 27,470 seats of the YS capacity for the most games of our team. Indeed is it necessary to eliminate the capacity of the sections 201 ( 691 seats ), 202 ( 798 seats ), 203 ( 480 seats ), 203 W ( 22 seats ) and 204 ( 242 seats ) because they are SINGLE MATCH ONLY SECTIONS ( 2,233 total seats ). Therefore is it necessary to eliminate also the capacity of the sections 223 ( 443 seats ) and 224 ( 380 seats ) because they are AWAY SUPPORTERS SECTIONS ( 823 total seats ) .

27,470 - 3056 ( 2,233+823 ) = 24,414

Now if we go on the NYCFC site in the section of the season tickets available will be it possible to know the number of the season tickets sold day to day !!!

Reactions: Kjbert and Kubah
Maybe there were a ton of Arsenal fans who were thrilled about Lampard staying in Manchester!

Reactions: USAfan6
That's the frustrating thing about this front office. It would be nice to hear updates when we hit certain milestones. We should be celebrating 11K, 12K, etc STHs, but we just don't know. Good work Fabio... I hope your math is right.

Reactions: Fabio
The number of available tickets is correct. 8,114 as of now. Which made me think that 16K was probably correct.

One other possible explanation is that MLS does not have access to the real figures and that they estimate the number of season tickets sold the same way we are doing now. But that still leaves us without an explanation for the other 5K.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think that over 16,000 is the correct number and that when Garber has said almost 20,000 some day ago, he wasn't a long way off from real figure.

I think that over 16,000 is the correct number and that when Garber has said almost 20,000 some day ago, he wasn't a long way off from real figure.

You're assuming that the only seats taken are season tickets. I'm not sure that's the case. There'll be a fair amount of corporate seats, for a start. I don't see what the club have to gain from lying about numbers.

Wasn't there an article that was posted yesterday somewhere in this forum stating that we had now sold over 12k season tickets?