Number: 11

Acquired via Expansion Draft from RSL - 2nd Selection

MLS Stats: http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/ned-grabavoy
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Grabavoy

usa-today-8137226.0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TabascoDiva
Did you know:

- Ned was acquired by RSL from SJ by waiver draft? Seriously.
- Ned and his wife had twins in 2013.
- Ned won a college cup national championship while attending Indiana University.
- Ned is awesome. Average guy who is unassuming but has excellent skills.

Sorry to tell the world, but before that Ned NYCFC video, I don't think anyone outside of the Salt Lake locker room ever, ever called him the Fox. Its funny to hear the MC announcers, podcasts and now everyone on the boards call him the Fox. Oh well.

Reactions: ysmr522
Sorry to tell the world, but before that Ned NYCFC video, I don't think anyone outside of the Salt Lake locker room ever, ever called him the Fox. Its funny to hear the MC announcers, podcasts and now everyone on the boards call him the Fox. Oh well.
Is like George Constanza and t bone

Reactions: Paul
I'll agree he is losing a step with age but he is what he is. A MLS vet role player. Neither exceptional nor useless.

He is involved on both sides and get involved on scoring opportunities. It's up to his younger team mates to outshine him or Kreis to find a replacement.

Until then he'll continue to start.

Reactions: edurban
Ned Grabavoy practiced yesterday after missing the last game. He should be available for the game Saturday.

I fully expect to see him given as its his return to Salt Lake City.

Reactions: Andres Emilio Soto
Anyone know what happened to him in training ? Real Salt Lake tweeted that he was injured and they wish him a speedy recovery. He is already on his was back to NY according to them.

EDIT : Groin injury

Last edited:
I really hope he finds a comfortable spot on the bench for a while. The red card last week blessed us this week.

Reactions: Gavin23
Can't we hit him with a car or a baseball bat or something to make sure that he can't play for a looooong time? Jk lol

Reactions: PVieira21
When I saw grabavoy starting and mix and poku on the bench I completely lost my shit. He offered 0 going forward. I know we are not there in training all the time to see the players "earn" a spot, but surly it must be obvious to anyone that poku and mix offer much more than grabavoy, right, right?!?

What more can I say that I haven't said already in 50+ posts?
Just waiting for Mix to tell Ned they found his uncle outside Yankee Stadium and lead him to a sign that says "for the team" as they all line up to cut his hair piece by piece, making him ultimately unrecognizeable and therefore leaving him unselected by Kreis.

"For the team"
*snips*