New Render Of Orlando City's New Stadium

NYCFCFan10

Registered
Mar 23, 2014
2048x1152

Very nice. :)

I loath OCSC though. You're not our rival...

Theres no way they can fill that thing. No way in hell

just curious what you're basing that on? They drew well in USL and one would expect that draw to increase given the signings they've made. Every Orlando game will be broadcast in Brazil, which by the way, sends massive amounts of tourists to Orlando every summer. Those tourists looking for a dose of football and a chance to see Kaka again along with the locals will do well for attendance. It wouldn't suprise me if they set up some sort of shuttle line from Disney resorts to the stadium on game day.

just curious what you're basing that on? They drew well in USL and one would expect that draw to increase given the signings they've made. Every Orlando game will be broadcast in Brazil, which by the way, sends massive amounts of tourists to Orlando every summer. Those tourists looking for a dose of football and a chance to see Kaka again along with the locals will do well for attendance. It wouldn't suprise me if they set up some sort of shuttle line from Disney resorts to the stadium on game day.
Orlando would be idiots if they counted on anything from the tourist areas supporting them. The tourists don't support the Magic in the NBA or Solar Bears in the ECHL. Why would they support soccer? Just because its a popular sport where many internationals are from, I am fairly confident that they aren't going on vaca or holiday to see a football game. Plus half or more tourists are Americans. And the Orlando stadium is downtown, its 20 miles from the Disney/Universal/tourist mecca.

And yes Orlando got 20k for their USL championship last yeay, but their normal attendance is closer to 8k-9k. Can they sustain 19k on a regular basis? Maybe.

Is that new? It looks familiar to me. Looks like a nice place, though, even if I'm not a fan of grounds with open sides.

Reactions: Kjbert
I sai
Says the person who made the prediction that NYCFC would only average 5-10k in it's first couple of seasons...and that was "being generous".
It's a 19k stadium, they will fill it often.
d that a while ago no? Things have changed.

I sai

d that a while ago no? Things have changed.
Yes and it was a ridiculous statement then, which has since been proven wrong. Your latest observation, almost as ridiculous, will also be proven wrong in a few months.
The Colorado Rapids, possibly the worst franchise in the league, with no big-name players, a stadium in the middle of nowhere, a disgraceful FO drew about 15k this past season. To claim a 2nd year club with dedicated owners who spend money on big players with a nice stadium in the middle of the City has "no way they can fill that thing. No way in hell" is an idiotic guess. This is MLS 201(6), people go to games all over the country. Virtually any well-run club can regularly fill a 19k stadium these days.

if the welcoming of Kaka has any say in how their attendance will be. i have no doubt they'll fill her up nice and easy. i applaud OC for everything they're doing so far and hope they do great this year.

I came here hoping to find that photoshop of of the Kaká Bowl. My detective skills are not working. Help.