New Songs Have Been Chosen.

T

TubzNYHC

there are two new songs that have been selected by the Third Rail members and board. I am posting the links on here. LEARN THEM FOR THE NEXT GAMES.

The first one is called
"What's up 5 boroughs"

And the second one
"I am this city"

These are the lyrics,link is bellow lyrics:

I am this CityThis City is me

So come on you boys

Give us something to see

Five Boroughs One CityWe are proudly

N-Y-C-F-C

https://m.soundcloud.com/j-gee-13/i-am-this-city-chant

Last edited by a moderator:
First chant is rediculous "dominating other teams" we couldn't even beat the Colorado Rapids yesterday 2 ties and a win yea they're really dominating good one!

I know my opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things, and I'm not part of TR, but these both suck ass. Like P Phillz914 mentioned above, dominating other teams? Wow, this makes us seem like entitled assholes.

And that second chant... I think I heard something similar on a show my kids watch on Nick Jr.
Not a TR member, and not disagreeing with you. But as someone in a SG can you contribute? I like that other SGs exist so they can bring in fresh ideas. Brown Bag has already created some cool stuff, I'd like to hear what else can be added to the table.

Not a TR member, and not disagreeing with you. But as someone in a SG can you contribute? I like that other SGs exist so they can bring in fresh ideas. Brown Bag has already created some cool stuff, I'd like to hear what else can be added to the table.

I've contributed a few times on this forum. I think a this point, since it's so early in the development of the fan base, the chants should be super simple, so even the casual fan can get involved. Something as simple as NYC NYC NYCFC will suffice. It seems like TR is hell bent on focusing on these longer, more complex songs that you hear with Euro clubs. Nothing wrong with these type of chants, but they develop over a long time, with a solid fan base and a team with history. None of which we have yet. They should focus their energy on super simple chants right now, imho.

I've contributed a few times on this forum. I think a this point, since it's so early in the development of the fan base, the chants should be super simple, so even the casual fan can get involved. Something as simple as NYC NYC NYCFC will suffice. It seems like TR is hell bent on focusing on these longer, more complex songs that you hear with Euro clubs. Nothing wrong with these type of chants, but they develop over a long time, with a solid fan base and a team with history. None of which we have yet. They should focus their energy on super simple chants right now, imho.
Agree 100% let's crawl before we run. Some ideas haven't been bad at all, in fact I am very find of the "we are NYCFC chant" but it's tough to figure them out when you're in a crowd. We haven't decided on at least one simple one yet though?

Agree 100% let's crawl before we run. Some ideas haven't been bad at all, in fact I am very find of the "we are NYCFC chant" but it's tough to figure them out when you're in a crowd. We haven't decided on at least one simple one yet though?
the problem with "we are nycfc" is that while TR knows the part "from the bronx down..." the peope around who hear them think its just a "n-y-c... n-y-c" chant, so you have two different things going on. and the original chant will get drowned out quick. thats just something i noticed

the problem with "we are nycfc" is that while TR knows the part "from the bronx down..." the peope around who hear them think its just a "n-y-c... n-y-c" chant, so you have two different things going on. and the original chant will get drowned out quick. thats just something i noticed

Seems like the kind of thing a capo would help avoid...

Reactions: Mario
I know my opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things, and I'm not part of TR, but these both suck ass. Like P Phillz914 mentioned above, dominating other teams? Wow, this makes us seem like entitled assholes.

And that second chant... I think I heard something similar on a show my kids watch on Nick Jr.
It totally does we cant go around saying we are the best team when we are a brand new club and haven't even won a handful of games.. Makes us look stupid so that chant has to go bye bye

I share the songs and post it on here these were voted on by the Third rail members.

Reactions: Jashan
They're simple but I'd be willing to try it at the next game and see how I feel; better than the NYC NYC one. I forwarded to all my season ticket friends. We'll learn it and be prepared to join in at the game.

Are chant submissions open to revision/discussion/tweaks? :)
I like the beat and melody of "I Am This City" and think this one has a ton of potential. Maybe a lyric re-write, or possibly multiple verses?
Using the same beat and melody, and adding another line at the end.

<<
Some call it soccer, some say football
When you step in the Bronx, it doesn't mean sh!t
As we take the pitch, just remember one thing
We are only here to win! (FC!)
We are NYC FC! (FC!)
>>

Thoughts? :)

Hearts of Oak has posted some stuff in a short sheet and long sheet here in the forums. Not original, but reworded stuff to be used.

Reactions: einwindir
Hearts of Oak has posted some stuff in a short sheet and long sheet here in the forums. Not original, but reworded stuff to be used.
Yes I saw that! Great job! lets see if they get off the ground. Will have that list with me today in section 203!