New York City Fc Surpass 18,000 Founding Members

Ok, so if someone buys "Season Tickets" when only 1 game remains in a month before they sell 20k they will be a founding member season ticket holder by buying 1 ticket. There are only 5 home games left this season.

Its possible if the remaining 2k aren't sold by then I guess. I wish there was just somehow to find out who are the scalpers and business guys who bought out sections and big groups and just sell a few. It really irks me to see open areas in good spots. I love my section and the folks around make me feel as in a soccer game in Europe or Latin America so I am not moving lol

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Ok, so if someone buys "Season Tickets" when only 1 game remains in a month before they sell 20k they will be a founding member season ticket holder by buying 1 ticket. There are only 5 home games left this season.
I think SayWhat44 SayWhat44 is making a fair point. They're selling "season tickets" with 5 games left and calling those people Founding Members. It truly and admittedly has no effect on me whatsoever, but it seems kind of ridiculous, especially when the official NYCFC "Founding Member" page says:
Only Founding Members can say they were there from Day One.
This exclusive club will be for those fans that have been with us every step of the way since before we even kicked a ball.
Or, after we played 70% of our first season home games.

It would be interesting to know how many individual owners "18,000" represents. Like, for example, I own three seats, so I account for three of the 18,000, and yet I am only one man.
I forgot when I saw this, but based on information that was made available at some point, it was indicated that the average account holder held around 2.4 seats. That would put us at about 7,500 account holders if that ratio held up.

Yes, it's impressive stuff, and the fact that they've added a few thousand (including two from me) since the season began suggests that there will be a high renewal rate.

We (an expansion team) now have more season tickets than the league's average attendance in 2011.

The biggest city in the world with a top flight club I think this should have been expected. Will go up from here!

I was told that they are going to stop selling "season tickets" soon. I added 2 this week.

Have you 3 season tickets, but only you go to Yankee Stadium ?
Well, I have three because I bought only one at first. When I decided to become a season ticket holder there was only one available in a section I was interested in.

After having only one for a while it started to become clear how it's kind of a bummer to have just one. I figured I'd try to pick up one adjacent to the one I already had, but then a pair became available in my favorite section so I bought them.

I plan not to renew my original ticket but keep my more recently bought pair.

When my second two season tickets arrived, it was just a FedEx envelope containing two seasoncards and two stickers. No lanyard, no scarf, nothing else. They're clearly winding this thing down for the year.

I might try to pick up a seat or two this coming week. My mom is into NYCFC after I took her to a couple of games.

Reactions: FootyLovin