New York Cosmos surive & move to Coney Island

I was actually trying to figure out whether it was stuck on from inside or outside and couldn't decide. Probably from the outside, but that's just a hunch - maybe even by Andre Tessier himself.

this was my assumption all along...troll job thats it. whether what was written comes to pass is still TBD

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
FWIW I ordered a Cosmos jersey from Upper 90 since it's on clearance. I'm keeping the tags and everything on it for now, maybe it can serve as a historical item later.

I noticed that the jersey itself is weird, I thought it was bootleg at first. Everything is printed onto the jersey except for the Cosmos badge. The lines, the Under Armour logo, the league badges & even the sponsorship are part of the jersey and not additions. Are there any other pro teams that have jerseys like this?

I noticed that the jersey itself is weird, I thought it was bootleg at first. Everything is printed onto the jersey except for the Cosmos badge. The lines, the Under Armour logo, the league badges & even the sponsorship are part of the jersey and not additions. Are there any other pro teams that have jerseys like this?
what do you mean "part of the jersey"? the design is not printed onto the fabric (something that might peel off over time excessive heat)?

I know in the newer Nike jerseys, one of the differences between the authentic (on-field) and replica jerseys are that the replica jerseys have the club badge as a PATCH (and even the Nike swoosh is stitched on) while the authentic jerseys players where on-field have the club badge and Nike swoosh PRINTED on for performance purposes (to make the jersey as light weight as possible).

Last edited:
what do you mean "part of the jersey"? the design is not printed onto the fabric (something that might peel off over time excessive heat)?

I know in the newer Nike jerseys, one of the differences between the authentic (on-field) and replica jerseys are that the replica jerseys have the club badge as a PATCH (and even the Nike swoosh is stitched on) while the authentic jerseys players where on-field have the club badge and Nike swoosh PRINTED on for performance purposes (to make the jersey as light weight as possible).
It's difficult to describe. It's not printed on, it's essentially part of the shirt.

Using NYCFC as a comparison, the Etihad is printed on and the MLS badges are patches. With the Cosmos jersey the league badge, the UA logo and the sponsorship are essentially part of the fabric of the shirt. You can't peel them off, or remove the stitches.

I guess their on field style is the one they sell as I couldn't find any other type of jersey they sold.

It's difficult to describe. It's not printed on, it's essentially part of the shirt.

Using NYCFC as a comparison, the Etihad is printed on and the MLS badges are patches. With the Cosmos jersey the league badge, the UA logo and the sponsorship are essentially part of the fabric of the shirt. You can't peel them off, or remove the stitches.

I guess their on field style is the one they sell as I couldn't find any other type of jersey they sold.
http://www.blackduckonline.com/blog...imation-printing-and-what-can-it-do-for-you/?

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
Yup this seems to be what they did. First time I'd seen it done almost completely on a soccer jersey though.
I have a few A-League kits and they're done that way as well, only the badge is raised/attached

I'm late to the jersey part, but it's called sublimation printing. A lot of smaller clubs do it to save money. The printing is done straight onto the fabric.

Anyway, $10 million is an amazing amount of money to lose.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
I think I mentioned a few pages ago that their business model was garbage..... yea, this just proves it.

The sad part of that figure is they actually operated at higher than $10M because they had to have some sort of (minuscule) revenue from merchandising and (more minuscule) tix/concessions.... WTF did their balance sheet actually look like????

Reactions: RockShrimp
I don't know how to link to twitter, but they are now saying that Cosmos have lost $30 million since entering the NASL...

how the fuck do you lose 10 million this year??? on what? the salaries surely cannot amount to that, no Raul no Senna. were expenses delayed and all hit now? is not like they have a super first class venue to lose money on, its a freaking lacrosse field.

I don't know how to link to twitter, but they are now saying that Cosmos have lost $30 million since entering the NASL...

i assume that was the tweet you were referring to.

Reactions: SFphoto
how the fuck do you lose 10 million this year??? on what? the salaries surely cannot amount to that, no Raul no Senna. were expenses delayed and all hit now? is not like they have a super first class venue to lose money on, its a freaking lacrosse field.

i assume that was the tweet you were referring to.
Remember, that $10M was their loss on the year, but their operating costs were even higher. And that really begs your question of what were they spending it on???