Nil Satis Nisi Optimum--official Everton Thread

I'm entirely neutral on who gets the job, but surely Moshiri is going to want another manager with a history of success, not someone with no real senior managerial experience (aside from caretaker stints)? He bought the club because he thought he could turn it into a CL team given time and investment; I think most people would agree that the almost-insurmountable task of making a non-top-four team into a top-four team is not something that the guy running your u-23 team is probably going to be the best candidate for. You need someone with some serious clout, if it's even possible at all.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Moshiri is going to want another manager with a history of success
Yes, he will, but realistically speaking: who? Some fans think Tuchel will take the job but I can't see why he'd want it AND if he did take it the squad we have is pretty much the antithesis of the squad needed to play Tuchel's game.

Ancelotti? Again, what's in it for him?

Dyche isn't going to leave Burnley and even if he did he doesn't fit what we're assuming Moshiri wants in a manager.

Unsworth has at least been watching from the metaphorical sidelines this whole time and probably has a giant list of "what I'd have done if I were in charge" bullet points. He's not afraid to promote the kids, (and the Everton youth system provided the bones of England's U23 World Cup squad), he's a club lifer, everyone in the organization loves him and honestly all we need is someone to get us a solid mid-table finish this season. At the very least I see no compelling reason not to give Unsworth the gig for the rest of the season unless he suddenly reveals he can't hack it.

Yes, he will, but realistically speaking: who? Some fans think Tuchel will take the job but I can't see why he'd want it AND if he did take it the squad we have is pretty much the antithesis of the squad needed to play Tuchel's game.

Ancelotti? Again, what's in it for him?

Dyche isn't going to leave Burnley and even if he did he doesn't fit what we're assuming Moshiri wants in a manager.

Unsworth has at least been watching from the metaphorical sidelines this whole time and probably has a giant list of "what I'd have done if I were in charge" bullet points. He's not afraid to promote the kids, (and the Everton youth system provided the bones of England's U23 World Cup squad), he's a club lifer, everyone in the organization loves him and honestly all we need is someone to get us a solid mid-table finish this season. At the very least I see no compelling reason not to give Unsworth the gig for the rest of the season unless he suddenly reveals he can't hack it.

I can see Moshiri wanting to do something like Leicester did when they hired Ranieri - sign a manager who has managed at the top, but whose previous 5-10 years have been something of a come-down. Someone like Marcello Lippi, AVB, Sven, Walter Mazzarri, Dick Advocaat. That or he goes for a manager along the lines of Redknapp, Pardew, Rodgers etc looking to harness their knowledge of the league.

I can see Moshiri wanting to do something like Leicester did when they hired Ranieri - sign a manager who has managed at the top, but whose previous 5-10 years have been something of a come-down. Someone like Marcello Lippi, AVB, Sven, Walter Mazzarri, Dick Advocaat. That or he goes for a manager along the lines of Redknapp, Pardew, Rodgers etc looking to harness their knowledge of the league.
I think we both know that Everton will be hiring Big Sam in a week or so.

With the incoming transfer window closed ahead of the 18/19 season, the Toffees have added the following players to the squad:

Andre Gomes (on loan)
Kurt Zouma (on loan)
Yerry Mina
Lucas Digne
Richarlson
Bernard

The only possible outcome is: WE'RE WINNING THE LEAGUE.

In all seriousness, though, that should represent a significant upgrade in defense and a hopefully more creative midfield. Let's see if Silva can meld it all together.