Nycfc 2015 Superdraft Preview

http://www.mlssoccer.com/superdraft...new-addtions-arrive-florida-and-nycfc-conside

The NYCFC-centric bit of it:

New York City FC Keeping Options Open Ahead of Club’s Inaugural SuperDraft

New York City FC are keeping its options open ahead of Thursday’s SuperDraft, with NYCFC head coach Jason Kreis (above) telling reporters on Friday that the team would consider trading the second overall pick in the draft.

“We consider everything,” Kreis said. “I think that we have to. I think if you make your mind up before this, before you get a final look at these guys and see what’s there where you’ll be making your pick, I think you’d be making a mistake.”

Kreis, of course, typically didn’t pick until late in the first round while he was head coach at Real Salt Lake. He said that holding the second pick on Thursday adds a different dynamic to his Combine experience, perhaps making him and his staff a bit more attentive at this Combine than in previous years.

“It’s interesting,” he said. “[In past years], I’m up in the stands watching and you’re kind of having a laugh, looking around thinking about that 19th or 18th pick you’re going to make. This year we’re picking second, so we’re paying quite close attention.”

UConn forward Cyle Larin and Washington midfielder Cristian Roldan are widely expected to be the first two picks in the draft, with NYCFC – should they stay at No. 2 – likely to select whichever Generation adidas signing slips by first pick holder Orlando City SC on Thursday.

One thing working in NYCFC’s favor ahead of the SuperDraft? The abundance of time they had to scout the college ranks last season.

“The advantage of us not playing this season was that we could get out and watch more college games than probably most teams,” New York director of football Claudio Reyna told MLSsoccer.com on Friday. “We had the coaching staff available and we just could really look through the college players. We feel we’ve done enough homework where this week won’t convince us totally one way or another, but we’ll see how it plays out. We have the second pick, so we’ll have a good addition to the squad.”