NYCFC Forums MLS Bracket Challenge Group 2016

I'm in! The first draft of my bracket has the final as NYCFC v Colorado. That's right, I think we're going to beat NJ in the conference final. After that, I went with hope and decided we're winning the whole thing.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I really want to shake up the bracket with some bold picks, but it is extremely hard to pick against home teams. I suppose Portland won it all on the road last year though.

Ugh, I'm nervous about the Red Bulls hosting the Final. I think we have the best shot to knock them off, considering we won't have to travel.

I really want to shake up the bracket with some bold picks, but it is extremely hard to pick against home teams. I suppose Portland won it all on the road last year though.

Ugh, I'm nervous about the Red Bulls hosting the Final. I think we have the best shot to knock them off, considering we won't have to travel.
We have to hope for RB's opponent to win their midweek game easily and then work RB over physically with harsh challenges and overtime

Reactions: adam
I'm in the extreme minority but I honestly think that D.C. will beat NYRB.

From what I saw against us, and playing for us, I think Mullins has the speed to beat the high press, and Rimando isn't that special of a goalkeeper anymore.

There is nothing inherently wrong with a high press as long as the other team can't spring a player. If D.C. can spring Mullins two or three times, he's going to have two or three goals. It's a very live by the sword and die by the sword system.

Though honestly I'd prefer if NYRB beat D.C. so we can have the opportunity to kill their playoff dreams ourselves. With the improved backline + lurch I believe we've got a very good shot at playing out of the back against the high press, since we're basically a counterattacking team anyway.

I'm in the extreme minority but I honestly think that D.C. will beat NJRB.

From what I saw against us, and playing for us, I think Mullins has the speed to beat the high press, and Rimando isn't that special of a goalkeeper anymore.

There is nothing inherently wrong with a high press as long as the other team can't spring a player. If D.C. can spring Mullins two or three times, he's going to have two or three goals. It's a very live by the sword and die by the sword system.

Though honestly I'd prefer if NJRB beat D.C. so we can have the opportunity to kill their playoff dreams ourselves. With the improved backline + lurch I believe we've got a very good shot at playing out of the back against the high press, since we're basically a counterattacking team anyway.
Rimando is RSL but Robles is RB.

Reactions: JGarrettLieb
I'm in the extreme minority but I honestly think that D.C. will beat NJRB.

Though honestly I'd prefer if NJRB beat D.C. so we can have the opportunity to kill their playoff dreams ourselves. With the improved backline + lurch I believe we've got a very good shot at playing out of the back against the high press, since we're basically a counterattacking team anyway.
I'm with you, except slightly different. For some damn reason (that I'm not even sure of myself) I picked Montreal to beat DC and then to beat NJ.

DC is on the best form in the Eastern Conference, with NJ a close second. I picked DC to take them out. You know it will be an intense matchup.

So, in my Finals scoreline I have the opponent with zero. Every time I save and re-enter, the opponents scoreline is blank. I'm wondering if there is an issue accepting zero as the value? Anyone else have this issue?