NYCFC II - 2024 Schedule/Matchday (MLS NEXT Pro)

wild game, the first 15-20 mins it was 100% hartford, whole first half really. how they didnt lead at all is shocking. great for the kids to not give up and kept fighting. coming back down 2-1.

some users in reddit having meltdown that an mls next pro made it thru. claiming it was all fixed. lol fixed for what? MLS dont care about this tournament, heck over half of the nycfc fans arent even aware of this tournament.

I actually had plans to go tonight till the rain popped up in the forecast but I would have been pulling for Hartford . Sounds like I missed a wild one .
It was pretty scrappy all along, but the second period of extra time got very wild. For the pros, at least. In a weekend league, it probably would have ended up in a fistfight with a brief intervention by the authorities and then a few war stories by the beer cooler.

Reactions: Kenny
wild game, the first 15-20 mins it was 100% hartford, whole first half really. how they didnt lead at all is shocking. great for the kids to not give up and kept fighting. coming back down 2-1.

some users in reddit having meltdown that an mls next pro made it thru. claiming it was all fixed. lol fixed for what? MLS dont care about this tournament, heck over half of the nycfc fans arent even aware of this tournament.
Which subreddit? I gotta check this out.

Lotta hate out there for NYCFC. And for Manchester City. We're the baddies, apparently.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Lotta hate out there for NYCFC. And for Manchester City. We're the baddies, apparently.

certainly within MLS fanbase, this hate seems more "anti MLS" hate because of the obvious messed up decision to not let first teams take part in tournament. so they wanted all next pro teams eliminated.

certainly within MLS fanbase, this hate seems more "anti MLS" hate because of the obvious messed up decision to not let first teams take part in tournament. so they wanted all next pro teams eliminated.
yeah that's true but

Capture.PNG

• Haha
Reactions: KevinJRogers
The talent gap between USL and MLSNP isn't that big, and clearly, these fans hate being reminded of that.
There also are MLS fans who like MLS, aren't pro/rel obsessives, but who don't like that MLS does a lot of stuff to undercut any parts of organized soccer in the US that MLS does not have a piece of.

The talent gap between USL and MLSNP isn't that big, and clearly, these fans hate being reminded of that. Unpopular opinion but I hope the MLS sticks with sending the II teams. It's been fun watching the young guys in meaningful games.
I agree. It's been a great tournament. Stuffing it with first-tier teams would take some of the fun out of it.

That being said, mgarbowski mgarbowski has a point about MLS undercutting non-MLS pro soccer, specifically the USL, or at least trying to. Not cool. I watch a lot of USL and the league is a blast. Bonkers, maybe. But a blast. And there are some good footballers in it.

Not to mention, it's a great opportunity for a lot of players who maybe are just short of MLS-capable to earn a living at the game. Many of them will go into coaching or assume some other role in organized soccer. All of it helps to grow the game in our country.

MLS shouldn't be so narrow-minded and short-sighted (that's polite for greedy).

Reactions: mgarbowski
NYCFC II get the best draw possible in their group in H1. Will host Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC (USLC) in Round of 32.

The winner will host the winner of New Mexico United & Real Salt Lake in the Round of 16.