Nycfc Sg Pub Crawl - Paint The City Blue!

Approximately 2 weeks seems to be a long time to organise a binge drinking session. I haven't seen any updates on the next fans meeting with full minutes being taken. Also there was the suggestion of creating a fans forum for more "on the record" between club and supporters. If there's going to be a group picture it will be better taking it from a rooftop with the skyline in the background not in some pub again.

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
Approximately 2 weeks seems to be a long time to organise a binge drinking session. I haven't seen any updates on the next fans meeting with full minutes being taken. Also there was the suggestion of creating a fans forum for more "on the record" between club and supporters. If there's going to be a group picture it will be better taking it from a rooftop with the skyline in the background not in some pub again.
The Pub Crawl is just a fun thing for the group to do. I doubt there will be any official SG business taking place.

Once the Group/s mature there will surely be meetings with minute by minute transcriptions.

And lastly, the only way to get a picture with the skyline is to be outside the city. You would need to be in Queens, Brooklyn or New Jersey. The Pub Crawl is just an event to find a place to have events.

Well apparently Rockefeller Center gets a good image of the EOS in background but most buildings (and certainly the EOS) probably cost money to go to top. It does not have to be on skyline (though that would get most clicks on twitter, etc probably) it could be any other landmark but a professional, well lit photo would be good. I did suggest it to Chance Michaels and got a favorable response so maybe its already in the plans. A copy could also be given to club for archives like one of those SC supporter scarves was.

Still the next meeting was supposed to be more formal (or at least it was my impression) considering the informal nature of the last one. You can't get anymore informal than something like this. Just think there's more priorities right now than finding a bar for several months down the line. Its not exactly the most creative idea if that's an overly blunt way of putting it.

Maybe I could have used a better term than "binge drinking" because it probably makes me sound like a total snob but its a wasted opportunity if that's the only plan for this month.

Well apparently Rockefeller Center gets a good image of the EOS in background but most buildings (and certainly the EOS) probably cost money to go to top. It does not have to be on skyline (though that would get most clicks on twitter, etc probably) it could be any other landmark but a professional, well lit photo would be good. I did suggest it to Chance Michaels and got a favorable response so maybe its already in the plans. A copy could also be given to club for archives like one of those SC supporter scarves was.

Still the next meeting was supposed to be more formal (or at least it was my impression) considering the informal nature of the last one. You can't get anymore informal than something like this. Just think there's more priorities right now than finding a bar for several months down the line. Its not exactly the most creative idea if that's an overly blunt way of putting it.

Maybe I could have used a better term than "binge drinking" because it probably makes me sound like a total snob but its a wasted opportunity if that's the only plan for this month.
The purpose of this event is to have the group decide where the 'official SG' bat will be. When the guys find something they are happy with they will (presumabley) begin plans for having the first official meeting for their group.

We're still in the development phase. @Buckley and the other guys are doing a hell of a job organizing the group, and I think it's premature to start worrying about when they want to conduct official business.

I may be a little late, but should be able to make it.

Have all the bars been contacted?
If not would be a great thing to do considering 20 or so people walking in at once might not go over so well.

Would be a tall task for their staff if they didn't plan for extra people.

Last edited:
Will you guys be updating your location anywhere? I only get out of work at 4 and I live out on LI, so I likely won't be able to get to manhattan til about 530-6

Reactions: einwindir
Have all the bars been contacted?
If not would be a great thing to do considering 20 or so people walking in at once might not go over so well.

Would be a tall task for their staff if they didn't plan for extra people.

I don't think theres any need to contact the bars. Its Saturday night in New York City - I would imagine they are anticipating a busy night

Reactions: DiRoma