NYCFC Trade TAM for SKC International Spot

So what's the bet that this is just the TAM that we made from AJ?
It's not in the press release, so it may have been speculation due to the timing, but I thought we used at least some of AJ's TAM on Stiven.

We started with 8 international spots. We traded for two from DC and LA that expire at the end of the year. This spot from SKC expires at the end of the year. And we picked up that mysterious spot. So we're at 12 now and cover all our international players but likely to go down back to 9 (or 8 if MLS ever reveals what's up with that mystery spot).

Jack Harrison, get your damn citizenship and/or residential status figured out.

players tagged international:
Bravo, Brillant, Harrison, Iraola, Johansen, Lampard, Martinez, Matarrita, Mena, Mendoza, Pirlo, Villa.

of the 12, I think we could downsize and replace with a non-international johansen, Lampard (!!!), Brillant and one more. But replacing our DP will probably add back a international spot that we could trade for.

Reactions: FootyLovin
well, what dead wood could we cut? hmmmmmmmm im thinking of a number between 7 and 9.

players tagged international:
Bravo, Brillant, Harrison, Iraola, Johansen, Lampard, Martinez, Matarrita, Mena, Mendoza, Pirlo, Villa.

of the 12, I think we could downsize and replace with a non-international johansen, Lampard (!!!), Brillant and one more. But replacing our DP will probably add back a international spot that we could trade for.

1. Lampard's contract ends at the end of this season and I can't imagine we're extending it. That being said his international spot will be assigned to our next DP (if they're international).
2. Slow down on Brillant. It's been two games, give him time.
3. Johansen will be our starting goalkeeper. Come on Vieira, pull Saunders.

Presumably this didn't cost us much, but maybe a good sign that we do still think Harrison comes back this year irrespective of some media reports a week or two ago.

This trade is so wonderfully MLS.

Reactions: Ulrich and adam
1. Lampard's contract ends at the end of this season and I can't imagine we're extending it. That being said his international spot will be assigned to our next DP (if they're international).
2. Slow down on Brillant. It's been two games, give him time.
3. Johansen will be our starting goalkeeper. Come on Vieira, pull Saunders.
I'm just spit balling where we could find american replacements for current int spot holders, if he becomes a hit, than cut else ware. He's on the bubble.

I'm just spit balling where we could find american replacements for current int spot holders, if he becomes a hit, than cut else ware. He's on the bubble.
Not really - I don't think MLS signs players to 1-year deals, so if we don't like him then he either has to be traded or bought-out, or mutually terminate his contract.

i think it's easier to understand to derivatives market than understand MLS' convoluted system of allocation money and discovery and trades and salary caps and international roster spots and designated players, etc.

You're not entirely wrong about that.

i think it's easier to understand to derivatives market than understand MLS' convoluted system of allocation money and discovery and trades and salary caps and international roster spots and designated players, etc.

I'm taking derivatives now. Midterm in a week.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
The speed and creativity on our wings are leaps and bound compared to our previous year. Let's hope at least a couple of our prospects can reach their full-development potential!

The general team has come on leaps and bounds since the beginning of last season, they play with more conviction, once the defence sorts itself out, I can see them being legit challengers this season