Nycfc V Brøndby

I like what I've seen from him. I'd start him next to Mendoza. He's quicker, more agile while Mendoza is powerful. They compliment each other well IMO. I'd love for him to get loaned. Also how good is the EDS GK?

I like what I've seen from him. I'd start him next to Mendoza. He's quicker, more agile while Mendoza is powerful. They compliment each other well IMO. I'd love for him to get loaned. Also how good is the EDS GK?

I have never seen Johansen and the feeling I get is that he won't be good enough for our first team. Of course he is very young, I think still 19, but we have a keeper in the EDS called Angus Gunn who is 18 and the people who watch that regularly rate him much higher than Johansen.

In time he may become a good goalkeeper, but I am not sure if he would improve your team in that area.

As for Shay I do like him as a player, but still not sure at Centre Half. He started of at RB and I think he could play there in the future.

I actually thought Watson-Siriboe was better than Mendoza today.

Just watched the game, except for the defensive lapses which needs to be worked out, it was a good game form NYC. The team needs more time playing together to gel and get to know one anther and that only comes form time. So I liked what I saw but the results need a bit of work, all in all when this time gels they look to be very dangerous.

Reactions: MagnusPax
Just watched the game, except for the defensive lapses which needs to be worked out, it was a good game form NYC. The team needs more time playing together to gel and get to know one anther and that only comes form time. So I liked what I saw but the results need a bit of work, all in all when this time gels they look to be very dangerous.

There was definitely more positives than negatives.

Also when you think they have only been together for around a month, it is looking promising.

I've been pleasantly surprised by KWS. He's been somewhat of an MLS journeyman but it seems like he's finally reaching his potential in his second stint being coached by Jason Kreis.

Reactions: MagnusPax
disappointed on several front: the loss; I missed the game, and besides there was no mention of the hour. How many of us are going to get up at 6:45 AM EST on Sunday ?

I've been pleasantly surprised by KWS. He's been somewhat of an MLS journeyman but it seems like he's finally reaching his potential in his second stint being coached by Jason Kreis.
Just watching the first half myself on Youtube. I also agree, I was surprised to see the many compliments on this thread for Mendoza. Besides his awesome FK, I thought KWS did better than Mendoza. Mendoza seem to lose the ball quite a bit to Brondby. Why not pair KWS with a faster CB? Not sure if Hernandez is the answer or this Facey guy.

I see the main problem is the Mix and AJ not sure what role they play. My guess is they were playing a flat 4-4-2, but these players are scream diamond, have Mix uptop as CAM or out wide. Velasquez is certainly playing well, so you keep him in there somehow.

Saunders is a question mark. Fitz isn't ready. Saunders not playing up to speed... who else? Rawls? LOL. Trade coming?

Reactions: Paul
It will be interesting to see how it plays, but as of now I'd put mix at rm and seba at 10. Grabavoy on the left and poku/Jacobsen at dm

I agree that my namesake should be the number 10 based on the showings so far (that could change, mind) but I feel as though Mix really isn't a consistent CAM. He seems to naturally drop deep and has done so in national team matches I have watched. I still think he is more a Luka Modric type player (we could only hope he has half the vision) than a David Silva.

On a related note, though, if Poku continues to progress he could be our Vieira. He has all of the raw talent, he just needs more discipline and better decision making.

I was at the game yesterday and i noticed many of the Man City fans backing us from the start. Sitting next to probably the loudest fan in the whole place i can see the spirit already running through to the fans. The game was probably the best thing to happen to us since the start of pre season, there was many issues that need looking at, such as our wide play having no end product and our ability to keep the ball in the final 3rd of the pitch. However, the team were still running in the 92nd minute (even though its a friendly) and with the performances from Poku, Velasquez and Jacobsen (Who loves to keep the ball in any part of the pitch) i think we can be very happy about how the Manchester trip! oh and also getting a hat for just £9 was a bargain!!

I agree that my namesake should be the number 10 based on the showings so far (that could change, mind) but I feel as though Mix really isn't a consistent CAM. He seems to naturally drop deep and has done so in national team matches I have watched. I still think he is more a Luka Modric type player (we could only hope he has half the vision) than a David Silva.

On a related note, though, if Poku continues to progress he could be our Vieira. He has all of the raw talent, he just needs more discipline and better decision making.

after watching the game i think Mix is a player who has to be able to have a free role in some aspects, he came back and dropped in alot of the time to pick up the ball, i dont think him playing at CAM would have the same impact as a deeper playmaker. Also i think in the first 2 pre season games we can see that Velasquez is a very exciting player in the CAM role, particularly working well with the midfield diamond and Villa up top

Just watching the first half myself on Youtube. I also agree, I was surprised to see the many compliments on this thread for Mendoza. Besides his awesome FK, I thought KWS did better than Mendoza. Mendoza seem to lose the ball quite a bit to Brondby. Why not pair KWS with a faster CB? Not sure if Hernandez is the answer or this Facey guy.

I see the main problem is the Mix and AJ not sure what role they play. My guess is they were playing a flat 4-4-2, but these players are scream diamond, have Mix uptop as CAM or out wide. Velasquez is certainly playing well, so you keep him in there somehow.

Saunders is a question mark. Fitz isn't ready. Saunders not playing up to speed... who else? Rawls? LOL. Trade coming?

Yes I was more impressed by KWS than Mendoza. I would also say that Fitzgerald impressed me in the St. Mirren game. He was very vocal and his handling and distribution was excellent. I would definitely have him in front of Saunders.

I was at the game yesterday and i noticed many of the Man City fans backing us from the start. Sitting next to probably the loudest fan in the whole place i can see the spirit already running through to the fans. The game was probably the best thing to happen to us since the start of pre season, there was many issues that need looking at, such as our wide play having no end product and our ability to keep the ball in the final 3rd of the pitch. However, the team were still running in the 92nd minute (even though its a friendly) and with the performances from Poku, Velasquez and Jacobsen (Who loves to keep the ball in any part of the pitch) i think we can be very happy about how the Manchester trip! oh and also getting a hat for just £9 was a bargain!!

I didn't notice Jacobsen that much, but that could mean he was just being quietly effective. I did think Ballouchy played well against Brondby. Agree with Poku and Velasquez.

Reactions: Kyle Wilkie
I didn't notice Jacobsen that much, but that could mean he was just being quietly effective. I did think Ballouchy played well against Brondby. Agree with Poku and Velasquez.
Yeah he was very effective, can understand the combination of 3 ball playing central midfielders, and yes he had a good impact in the middle, however a few balls went a bit wild over 20 yards or so. But yes i think there is alot of positives to take from it

Did anyone notice Mix and AJ laughing at the announcer say Yacobson in the beginning? LOL.