Nycfc V Brøndby

Was El Capitan interviewed? He hates to loose. You could see the frustration on every pass. As Kreis said he truly leads by example and experience.

Man of the Match poll is now up - see the new thread in this section.

Any reason the chat box gets taken down before the true end of the stream? Why not let it run out?

What we're concerned about - and what a number of other forums have experienced when faced with similar issues - is that when a chatbox is active, it kills the activity on the rest of the forum. We want a place for you all to get involved with each other while the game is active, but we're concerned that by keeping the chatbox open until the conversation peters away, this section of the forum and potentially several others will turn into graveyards with little to no interest.

What we're concerned about - and what a number of other forums have experienced when faced with similar issues - is that when a chatbox is active, it kills the activity on the rest of the forum. We want a place for you all to get involved with each other while the game is active, but we're concerned that by keeping the chatbox open until the conversation peters away, this section of the forum and potentially several others will turn into graveyards with little to no interest.

Agree 100% with this. Chat box only for the game.

Agree 100% with this. Chat box only for the game.

As an old school forum user I actually prefer the discussion in thread during the match rather than the chat box (which is more akin to shouting from the stands than discussing the match at the pub) but, if that is not really a possibility, I also agree with this policy wholeheartedly.

Reactions: whill4 and Gene
As an old school forum user I actually prefer the discussion in thread during the match rather than the chat box (which is more akin to shouting from the stands than discussing the match at the pub) but, if that is not really a possibility, I also agree with this policy wholeheartedly.

Personally, I agree, and we're keeping our options open. We might experiment with more or less use of the shoutbox in future. But for the time being, we're going to run it on the current basis.

Reactions: SebastianBlue
My thoughts are similar to everyone else. Poku and Taylor were good. Sebastian was dangerous. Brandt is awful. Saunders is mediocre at best.
You didn't like Brandt? I thought he looked pretty good at times. I think the goal was him losing his mark, but he looked like he could be dangerous offensively. He was a midfielder up to a month ago. I would have him as back up to left FB

Man of the Match poll is now up - see the new thread in this section.

I appreciate the response and I understand where you're coming from.

I'm all for getting the chatbox turned off quickly after the game, but I think there's an argument to be made for leaving it up until the broadcast is over - after the replays and interviews run their course; that's all.

Surprised more props aren't being given for Mullins' field vision. He had a few remarkable passes. Offsides brought back a couple but with time and cohesion those will work.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Surprised more props aren't being given for Mullins' field vision. He had a few remarkable passes. Offsides brought back a couple but with time and cohesion those will work.
Mullins played well but Tony Taylor is just that much better right now. Mullins is young though, let him him fight his way into the starting lineup

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Well back from the game and enjoyed it, apart from the result lol

The players that impressed me where Villa, Velasquez, Ballouchy, Poko and Taylor

Other players contributed, but those 5 in particular were good. I was in the East Stand so was difficult to make out players on the far side. So I didn't get a good look at Williams and Brandt, although both seemed to be pushing forward when they got the chance.

It looked in the second half as the left hand side of defence (Hernandez and Brandt) was very open. Whether that was Brandt pushing too far forward I don't know.

I would say my MOTM was Velasquez. Was very involved and showed plenty of skill.

Reactions: MagnusPax
I thought Mullins played much better than last time. Created nicely. I think Taylor may work better as a backup to villa, with nemec, Mullins and Shelton fighting for the withdrawn forward role. Mullins seems to have a leg up on that spot for me.

Not sure on starting forward combinations at the moment. I think it depends on who gels with Villa best. For me Mullins or Nemec are more the type that would suit Villa's game.

Still a bit of time to make a decision though, best combination so far was second half against St Mirren.