Other Leagues 22-23

In one of the weirder moves I noticed that’s most likely slipped under everyone’s radar , Robbie keane is now manager of Maccabi Tel Aviv and Dave Sarachan an assistant .

In one of the weirder moves I noticed that’s most likely slipped under everyone’s radar , Robbie keane is now manager of Maccabi Tel Aviv and Dave Sarachan an assistant .
and there's all kinds of (to me) ugly criticism of him from Irish fans and media for taking that job, calling him a traitor, greedy, etc. The virulent anti-Israel vibe in Ireland (and Celtic) mystifies me. I mean, no one hates Netanyahu and the far-right over there more than me, but some of that stuff bleeds over to double-standard and, frankly, anti-Semitism.

Reactions: Davo15
and there's all kinds of (to me) ugly criticism of him from Irish fans and media for taking that job, calling him a traitor, greedy, etc. The virulent anti-Israel vibe in Ireland (and Celtic) mystifies me. I mean, no one hates Netanyahu and the far-right over there more than me, but some of that stuff bleeds over to double-standard and, frankly, anti-Semitism.
And there's criticism from the Tel Aviv supporters of his wife's comments about Palestine

Reactions: Kenny
I love the arrogance of "I opened the way and now everyone is coming bc i'm here!" with the shadow of millions of dollars waving behind him and all his pals

lol. do you guys watch THE CHAMPIONS by BR Football on youtube? Hilarious how they portrayed Ronaldo in in Saudi Arabia...

Reactions: Shwafta
He also says they’re close to overtaking the Turkish and dutch leagues . I don’t care if they eventually buy their way into being a top 5 league on field talent wise I will never pay any attention to the Saudi league .

cant even watch the Saudi league if i wanted to. i dont even know who has the rights here.

Marseille signing Aubameyang on a free . At first I wasn’t sure I wanted him considering what a bust he was at Chelsea last year but his numbers the year before at Barca weren’t terrible . Alexis Sanchez was probably coming off a worse few seasons bouncing around “ bigger “ leagues before arriving and being our player of the season last year. Cautiously optimistic now .