Pre-season Friendlies

lawson

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 28, 2014
Kenilworth, NJ
I usually cant stand them, but I am excited this time around for obvious reasons.

Its safe to say we'll be playing Man City in one of them, and possibly Melbourne? Who else do you boys hope we play, or does anyone have any info of fixtures that have potentially already been lined up?

A game versus the Cosmos would be pretty cool, just for the banter and it'd be cool to get one @ Orlando so we could get a cheeky little booze trip on the go

I'm not sure whether City will be a pre-season friendly, at least this season. You have to remember that the US pre-season is right at the crunch time of the European calendar, when most teams simply can't afford the time off. It's possible, but it's unlikely. It will happen, but I'd think probably not in the first few games. Melbourne is more likely.

I can honestly see a fairly gentle pre-season. Yeah, the club will want to start with a bit of hype, but there are more ways than just one of doing that. On the other hand, the team will have only just been thrown together, barely had any time to get used to each other. You don't want to risk playing a top team in your first few games ever as the risk is that you'll get absolutely taken apart and it'll turn out to be a bit of an embarrassment.

Man City at NYCFC.
Bayern Munich at NYCFC. Bayern is looking at tapping into the US market. Bayern already has a new office in NYC and playing a match provably against the Cosmos this summer.

Man City at NYCFC.
Bayern Munich at NYCFC. Bayern is looking at tapping into the US market. Bayern already has a new office in NYC and playing a match provably against the Cosmos this summer.
Cosmos? If they wanna play nobodies they don't have to travel all the way to Long Island

I usually cant stand them, but I am excited this time around for obvious reasons.

Its safe to say we'll be playing Man City in one of them, and possibly Melbourne? Who else do you boys hope we play, or does anyone have any info of fixtures that have potentially already been lined up?

A game versus the Cosmos would be pretty cool, just for the banter and it'd be cool to get one @ Orlando so we could get a cheeky little booze trip on the go
Lawson, I'm already stoked for Montreal and Portland away for those reasons. Montreal is nuts and Portland is Americas microbrew capital.

Preseason fixtures I'm guessing will be a bunch of MLS teams with maybe a Mexican team thrown in. Can't imagine that we will be going anywhere that isn't Miami or Arizona.

FC Dallas and Real Madrid is my guess.. among others of course

MLS does "Summer Friendlies"

LA Galaxy has been able to get clubs like Real Madrid and Manchester United on the regular.

I'm sure we'll see our fair share of heavy-weights like Barcelona and Bayern Munich given the City-Barcelona connection....