Preseason - February 22 - Nashville

Some bad whiffs today but some of need to make them and some who shouldnt be in position to have them.

Reactions: ktdNYCFC
Some bad whiffs today

RIP JLew

giphy.gif

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Medina a ghost.

Saw more active play on both sides from Taty. ITS too offensively.

Lewis is interesting as CF. I’d be interested in giving him half a season to play there every match and make a decision on a Striker in the summer.

Maxi was awful. But that’s ok.

Ofori was useless. Sands settled the team down once he came in. Would have liked to have see. Parks.

Sweat had one nice through ball. I thought he was mediocre otherwise. Fine defensively.

Nashville forced us to play up the left. Which sucks because Ofori and Sweat couldn’t get the ball to Mitrita.

Tinnerholm was his usual self.

Reactions: Ulrich and ktdNYCFC
Medina a ghost.

Saw more active play on both sides from Taty. ITS too offensively.

Lewis is interesting as CF. I’d be interested in giving him half a season to play there every match and make a decision on a Striker in the summer.

Maxi was awful. But that’s ok.

Ofori was useless. Sands settled the team down once he came in. Would have liked to have see. Parks.

Sweat had one nice through ball. I thought he was mediocre otherwise. Fine defensively.

Nashville forced us to play up the left. Which sucks because Ofori and Sweat couldn’t get the ball to Mitrita.

Tinnerholm was his usual self.

and SJ was bored.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
Some bad whiffs today but some of need to make them and some who shouldnt be in position to have them.
Ofori kept being fed nice passes as he made great runs in the box, but then he remembered who he was, like when the coyote realizes there's nothing to keep him from falling.
giphy.gif

It was pouring rain and the last game of preseason. The only thing I cared about was that everyone got minutes and they all got through it without injury. I thought we dominated that game, especially defensively. 0 SOG for Nashville all night.

Also, the game pretty much ended after 60 minutes. At that point it became a stroll in the park. Did we look great? No. Does it matter? No. I'll wait until Orlando to see how they look.
Nashville is a USL club so anything less than a sound win, even in those conditions, is a bad result. So yeah, this was a match that had to be figured as a win going in, but the result was nothing to get excited about.

I have to agree with K Kjbert , a fluky PK because a defender self-immolates walking a ball out of the box and a wunderkind shot after a broken play are not things to get excited about regarding our preparedness for the season. Ofori looked nervy & bad, and Medina was non-existent - he’s regressed completely and lookes like he didn’t spend a minute in gym over the off-season.

And we played so many long balls hoping Lewis could just outpace the defense, that’s just a head scratcher.

Reactions: Kjbert
I have to agree with K Kjbert , a fluky PK because a defender self-immolates walking a ball out of the box and a wunderkind shot after a broken play are not things to get excited about regarding our preparedness for the season.

The above is the bottom line.

For all the possession we had, we didn't do much with it. Rarely very dangerous, and it's not like Nashville just packed it in and tried to counter. The space was there.

The last, creative pass that leads to a quality chance by and large wasn't there. And when the pass was there, the run wasn't. Some of that was because our most dangerous player still isn't in sync with his teammates. Some was because Maxi was having a woeful night. But still, there is a lot that just isn't there.

I’m going to single out Maxi here for a minute. Our limited chances last night came when Mitrita And Lewis drove out the defense. Same with Taty when he came in.

Maxi too often holds up play from that 10 role when he should turn and drive. It’s fristrsting.

Reactions: Ulrich
I’m going to single out Maxi here for a minute. Our limited chances last night came when Mitrita And Lewis drove out the defense. Same with Taty when he came in.

Maxi too often holds up play from that 10 role when he should turn and drive. It’s fristrsting.
Maxi didn't have a very good game, but it wasn't entirely his fault. Chemistry was lacking between Mitri, Maxi, and JLew. Mitri is legit but obviously needs a couple games to adjust to new teammates. You could see a couple times that he overdribbled or made a bad pass because he wasnt on the same page as teammates. JLew isn't a natural striker and there were times that it was obvious he didn't really know where to position himself off the ball.

Last edited:
Maxi was poor last night. It’s oreseason and I’m not worried about it.

My concern is a general one. Last night Mitrita got the ball in midfield and drove forward. When was the last time we had a guy do that from midfield? Ever?

Reactions: Schwallacus
12 minutes into my first watch of 2019 version, and Ben Sweat has gotten no better. Damn he sucks.

48 in and he’s even worse. Played one good ball. Hasn’t defended shit, directly at fault for practically every Nashville half chance.

And don’t get me started on how we create zero, absolutely nothing close to danger going forward. It’s hard to watch.