Promotion & Relegation

Does the sun rise in the east?

If Pulisic brings up Pro/Reg in 20 years, then yes, he'll probably take a lot of heat. If Pulisic in 20 years owns a club and wants to talk about it, then that's another conversation because he's got skin in the game.

Donovan has zero skin in the game and is trying to stay relevant by stiring the pot regarding not only this subject, but every powder keg topic. It'd be different if he was doing it simply as a fan of the game, but he isn't, he's doing it as Landon Donovan ex-USMNT player - he should stay mum just like ex-presidents don't criticize the guy that replaced them.

he played in MLS the majority of his career, he is going to have an opinion of it and where it could be headed or have growth ( even though i dont think P/R is the right way but still). fuck the MVP award is named after him.

and well in this soccer world all ex players have their opinion..justified or not..i mean this cannot be your first taste at an ex player saying something.

i mean i think wambach doesnt get this much crap from her comments or actions about "true americans", maybe for like a week or so and thats it...then the second someone mentions or says donovan and its relation to soccer...the amount of hate is ooof damn.

but fine its your opinion and ill leave it at that...agree to disagree.

Reactions: FootyLovin
It's halftime at the The Middlesborough/Brighton game and its has suffered due to Middlesborough scoring first. Since they advance with a tie, Brighton needs 2 goals to advance if they hold on defense from here. So far, they haven't really taken the initiative except for a very brief time at the start of the match. If they don't come out with more energy, this game will never live up to what it could have been.

Well the game picked up but what a shame...
Brighton tied the game at minute 55 on a sweet header off a free kick, with plenty of time left to play for the win and promotion. But 4 minutes later the player who scored gets sent off on a red card that was necessary but still, IMO, bad luck. The ball was in the air, knee high and both players kick at it. I think the Brighton player actually got the ball, but not 100% certain. But then as each player follows through the Brighton player catches the calf of the Middlesborough player. It looked like nothing at first, but after he went down and pulled down his sock, there was a real nasty gash. The stud must have caught him just wrong. It didn't look as if the ref was going to issue a card until he saw that. Brighton fought gamely after that but had many fewer chances due to being down to 1o men.

Reactions: Keith Putnam
Yeah, it turned out to be not quite the cracker of a match I'd hoped for, but there was certainly intensity. I kept thinking that ten-man Brighton might just pull off that second goal.

I found myself wishing that Burnley had done poorly in their match so that this one was *also* the title-decider, but that evaporated by halftime, I think.

Now... To schedule watching the playoffs for the third promotion spot...

Reactions: mgarbowski