Queens Food Finds

FootyLovin

No better obsession
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Feb 15, 2015
Sea Cliff NY
Inspired by GratefulDawg GratefulDawg Bangladeshi food pic. Thread dedicated to Queens cuisine. Please provide restaurant/truck/cart info whenever possible. My pre-game yesterday - La Tamaleria Colombianos (32-23 Junction Blvd, 8 minute car ride from Citi) - courtesy of my Colombian friend without whom I'd have (a) never found the place and (b) been pretty handicapped in a place where the only English I heard the whole time was at our table. Pictured my cazuela (de carne) which was fantastic. Highly recommend.
IMG_7561.JPG
IMG_7564.JPG

The existence of this thread is making me very happy LOL

Contributions to follow over time as I accumulate some photographic evidence.

Reactions: VernonJohn
IMG_5714.jpeg

Tortas Neza. Roosevelt Ave between 104th and 108th. Arrived at 615, 12th in line. Stayed until 635 at which time I was 11th in line. Then learned pro tip to order online and skip the very slow live line. I will definitely use that next time. Unfortunately, this time I chose to ditch the idea, headed to the stadium and had a not bad Pat LaFrieda steak sandwich.

Reactions: Kenny
Really hard to do Queens food when you’re driving in, as I did last night. Luckily , the pastrami sandwich at Citi beats anything at YS (since the demise of Might Quinn’s pulled pork nachos). And at $15 it is by far the cheapest high quality pastrami sandwich anywhere in the city, and the best food value at Citi. Last night’s was absolutely sublime. Really the only good thing about last night

Reactions: FootyLovin
Really hard to do Queens food when you’re driving in, as I did last night. Luckily , the pastrami sandwich at Citi beats anything at YS (since the demise of Might Quinn’s pulled pork nachos). And at $15 it is by far the cheapest high quality pastrami sandwich anywhere in the city, and the best food value at Citi. Last night’s was absolutely sublime. Really the only good thing about last night

It's incredible how much better the food is at Citi. I had the steak sandwich last night, and even at its price point it was spectacular. So nice to be at a stadium that actually cares about the fan experience.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
All I know is that starting tomorrow Chiddy's Cheesesteaks is opening near section 119. The universe has corrected itself after we lost Carl's Steaks a number of years ago.

(It's near home plate on the third base side, make a left once you go up the main escalators.)

Ok. Not an NYCFC match, but hitting the Dead & Co show last night at Citi, drove into Flushing. Parked there (cheap), grabbed food to go, and walked over to Citi (comfortable 20 minute walk that will be even shorter when the new stadium is up). Hit up one old fave and two new faves (in the former location of another fave).

A little sidewalk dim sum from Shanghai You Garden. Beef mooncakes (not pictured) are the absolute best.

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 9.50.54 AM.png

Noodle bowl and massive sponge cake from the new Golden Mall.

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 9.55.31 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 9.54.45 AM.png

And lastly the view of our new grounds from the walk over.

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 9.57.46 AM.png

Ok. Not an NYCFC match, but hitting the Dead & Co show last night at Citi, drove into Flushing. Parked there (cheap), grabbed food to go, and walked over to Citi (comfortable 20 minute walk that will be even shorter when the new stadium is up). Hit up one old fave and two new faves (in the former location of another fave).

A little sidewalk dim sum from Shanghai You Garden. Beef mooncakes (not pictured) are the absolute best.

View attachment 12860

Noodle bowl and massive sponge cake from the new Golden Mall.

View attachment 12861

View attachment 12862

And lastly the view of our new grounds from the walk over.

View attachment 12863
I was at dead & co too. Wish I knew. We could have hung by shakedown st. All I ate was some shake shack when i got the munchies in 132.

IMG_9724.jpeg