Rbny Reduces Available Tickets To 500

Someone in TR set one off during the game on Sunday. I was shocked, actually, especially after all that went down a few weeks ago with Chance.

I was talking to the cop working my section when the orange smoke bomb went off. He was pissed and said he was going to bring it up to his Sgt..

Reactions: Kjbert
My concern is this is just going to lead to chaos. Same people are all going to go (maybe paying slightly more as LeeNYCFC mentioned). They'll just be dispersed in little clusters all around, will try to stand up, will have a family of RB supporters in the middle of a group of 50 NYC supporters. Security will be looking everywhere for them, will probably overcompensate on anyone wearing blue, and it will be a disaster.

Unless this is just a veiled attempt to limit singing from away support, RB really shot themselves in the foot here. It takes away the one tool they have -- self-segregation of support -- to keep order. Just d-u-m-b.

It sucks but it's a fair warning. This would not have happened at all, by the way, if one of the smoke bombs hadn't been thrown onto the pitch. When the league sees shit like that, it has to do something. And, to be honest, I don't blame them. This isn't Boca Juniors. Players shouldn't have to worry about getting hit with shit while they're playing.

But to balance this out a little bit, it still pisses me off that WE are getting punished after their nazi ***** GSU pulled their shit, and after jersey fans poured beer on our fans including in the family sections.

RBNY fans pouring beer is a-ok though. Although, to be fair, there has been a ton of warnings. Sucks for the atmosphere. I went to the first game and it was a brilliant atmosphere. Sat right behind the goal in my blue and only had a few taunts. Is the smoke really worth stunting that growth for the league? I just don't get it.

RBNY fans pouring beer is a-ok though. Although, to be fair, there has been a ton of warnings. Sucks for the atmosphere. I went to the first game and it was a brilliant atmosphere. Sat right behind the goal in my blue and only had a few taunts. Is the smoke really worth stunting that growth for the league? I just don't get it.
No its not. The league should stop worrying about smoke and start paying players more

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
As parents my wife and I talk a lot about consequences. Often we watch other parents and describe what we perceive as a consequence-less environment. We wonder how those kids will adapt as they grow with few if any restrictions on their behavior.

This seems to me to be the embodiment. We were warned about a dozen times. The consequences have escalated and now continue to do so as our behavior has not improved. And now we are complaining that the rules aren't fair. We should have no consequences and should be allowed to do whatever we want.

It's like we are all a bunch of mini tyrants who think we deserve to rule the world.

I'm all for pushing back against rules and very much for civil disobedience. But this ain't it. This isn't a grand cause. This is just petulant childishness. My 12 year old has grown past this. I hope our "supporters" can too.

I understand the frustration over smoke, and the point-of-view that there should be consequences, but I fail to see how collective punishment is the appropriate response. Actually, I can't really think of an occasion when collective punishment is ever an appropriate response

I would not be surprised if these smoke bombs were to continue to happen, if the sanctions got worse.

Will it be worth it when YS takes away a whole section for the supporters?

Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert
[Deleted post about smoke bombs because it's too sad and embarrassing that we are still talking about them, and continuing to suffer repercussions because a few kids can't be without their toys.]

Last edited:
is there any precedent with this "behavior" in the MLS ? has there been any punishments like this before where away fans were given limited seats? whats the worst punishment MLS has given to support?