Reddit poster puts together a WC bid surpassing Brazil's....for the State of Texas

NYCFCFan10

Registered
Mar 23, 2014
Yep, you read that right.

A reddit poster had an answer to Canada 2026 and it was Texas 2026

Now the really incredible thing is the guy went with 12 stadium sites with an average seating total of 69,427, while in Brazil it's only a little over 55,000.

If the guy had gone with the minimum stadium sites of 8, and picked the 8 largest stadiums in Texas, he could push that average to.....84,204.

That's assuming FIFA allows bench seating. Ridiculous.

More here: http://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/21g1kz/my_counter_to_the_canadian_world_cup_bid_texas/

I really wasn't a fan of the WC in the US until now.
Really didn't consider stadiums outside of current MLS and NFL ones. But that would make a pretty great venue.

Well, I think NFL stadiums are still the best if we're going to host a World Cup.
I wouldn't mind seeing a game at the Vikings new house:
soccer-dome.jpg

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
The only issue I see is the turf. Soccer players (to avoid confusion) really dislike football stadiums because the turf is much harder. Especially in cold weather areas that use fake fieldturf. Players say it takes a year off their career due to slower recovery and a bigger toll on the body.

The only issue I see is the turf. Soccer players (to avoid confusion) really dislike football stadiums because the turf is much harder. Especially in cold weather areas that use fake fieldturf. Players say it takes a year off their career due to slower recovery and a bigger toll on the body.
First of all, they would put sod down for a world cup. They don't even play world cup qualifiers on turf. They put sod down for those, too.

Secondly, the "recovery time-bigger toll on your body" bit is left over from the astro-turf days. Which was just a rug over concrete, that's not even close to what turf is today. NFL players have been playing for years and years on the turf. How can some of them go 15 years+ playing on it if those myths were true?

Here's the Seattle WCQ game. That's obviously honest to goodness grass down there instead of the turf.

World Cup is in the NFL offseason, so they'd have months to grow the grass.
change

Some NFL fields are still natural gas to begin with:

SunLife Stadium, Miami
KCG_5224-1024x682.jpg

Bank of America, Charlotte
bankofamericastadium.jpg

Soldier Field, Chicago
The_Refurbished_Soldier_Field.jpg

University of Phoenix Stadium, Phoenix
69206417.vwo0uAZf.img00015_std.jpg

I was just pointing out what I've heard on Sirius XM FC regarding the field turf.
Obviously the stadiums would have to meet requirements.
Those are some beautiful pictures though
Liking forward to being at sun life for the Guinness cup

Lincoln
Financial Field, Philadelphia
20100502181156-20100721181132.jpg

Heinz Field, Pittsburgh
view-of-pittsburgh.jpg

FedEx Field, Washington
n_stadium.jpg

NRG stadium, Houston
6-22-gold-cup.jpg

Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City
a9.jpg

Everbank Stadium, Denver
Invesco-July42002.jpg

FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland
FanIQ--Sports-Rumors-Gossip-Blogs-News--Discussion-Forums.jpg

There's a few more but i'm tired so you get the idea.

This post could also be entitled: "Why it would be ridiculously easy for FIFA to yank the World Cup from Russia and Qatar and move it to the US." Seriously, why does FIFA make these poor countries build these stadiums that won't be filled to capacity ever again when England and the US (among other countries) already have the infrastructure and stadiums in place (other than bribes, I know)?

It's ridiculous for these international games to pick countries knowing the structures built for the games will be useless as soon as the games are over.

Reactions: Soccerfanatic94
I think England is "on deck" for Qatar WC if they aren't 75% finished by 2016. FiFA does not want repeat of Brazil. I'll try to find article.

I think England is "on deck" for Qatar WC if they aren't 75% finished by 2016. FiFA does not want repeat of Brazil. I'll try to find article.
Doubt it.

Russia is the UEFA member hosting in 2018. Rules state it cant be back to back in the same region. Could obviously change the rules, it is FIFA, but I don't see it.

Can't be awarded to same host federation. If Qatar is not ready they will not come to US and Russia bid is being investigated from what I remember seeing.

so any country, except those belonging to confederations that hosted the two preceding tournaments, can apply as hosts for World Cups starting from 2018.
So UEFA hosts in 2018, they can't host in 2022 or 2026.

America is such a heavy favorite for 2026 for this reason. Europe and Asia (including Australia) are out of the running. It'll be North America, Africa and South America.

This is why even Canada is bidding in 2026. It's really down to USA, Canada, Mexico, and maybe Argentina before the voting even begins but considering the World Cup, b 2026, hasn't been in North America for 32 years, its hard to see them passing it up yet again. So its really just USA, Mexico, and Canada one would imagine.

Last edited: