Sebastian Velasquez??

brian

Registered
Mar 22, 2015
Is anyone else wondering why Velasquez is not getting more time on the pitch??

I don't understand why people see a player have one decent game and automatically think they deserve to start or play more minutes. Tian is not that great honestly, for all the reasons Dan listed.

Tian reminds me of Espindola while he was on Red Bull. Sporadic and unpredictable.
  1. He's rarely in position
  2. When he receives the ball he almost seems surprised to have it
  3. He doesn't seem to read any of the players on the field very well
  4. He doesn't seem to anticipate where the ball and play is heading
It sucks because he seems like such a likable guy so I almost feel bad saying that stuff but when you are paid to play professional ball you need more than a good personality.

I'm wondering why he's on the team.
portfolio_zing_04.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert
Well he started against Houston Dinamo and didn't do as bad as previous games. He and Villa were able to connect on some good 1-2's and there was a great cross Velasquez made in the 1st half that nobody was there to finish. He's not the best but played better on Saturday as the attacking midfielder in the diamond 4-4-2 formation. I wouldn't mind seeing him again there but perhaps with Mullins instead of Nemec.

Because he plays still plays like he's on a high school squad. Tries too be too fancy on the ball and gives it away too easily. I saw him play years back when I lived in Salt Lake and he is nothing special. No surprise to me he doesn't start or even play at all. New York has far better talent in the midfield besides him.

You mofo's are harsh. I agree with Fontaine. The potential is there, just hasn't had the right coaching/players around to form the talent.