SKC Postmatch

The Okoli hate on here sounds a lot like Benzema hate from Real Madrid fans.

Idk about that. A lot of the RM fans were upset because they had what they and I believed to be a better striker sitting on the bench in Morata. Okoli was really our only option last night, like his performance or not he was the right choice.

Show me two teams where one has 10 shots not on goal and the other has 5 shots that hit the post and I'll then show you two teams that each needs to spend an equal amount of time on shooting drills.

The relative performance of the team in your example is still a net zero.

Shooting drills include cross bar challenges more often than not

Last night reminded me of watching the U16s play in a big tournament this Spring that was streamed (I forget what it was called). They played NYCFC style - out of the back with lots of movement and passing leading to incisive attacks. Our FO and coaching staff is creating a style of play for the Club at all levels that is generally good to watch and allows players to shine (e.g. the love Matt Doyle is showing John Lewis practically every week). It really was great to switch back to the NYCFC B team from 2 games of USMNT.

I definitely would say its a good chance, but it is a shot that wasn't good enough in the end.

I'm not sure why, but it always bothers me when I hear announcers talk about the goalposts bailing a keeper out or being their friend - when in reality, its just as simple as the shot not being good enough (even if it was pretty good to be that close).
There is only one word to describe it.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I think the disconnect is what you are evaluating saying whether it is a good chance or bad. Ulrich is evaluating whether the shot, as delivered, could be a goal. When I think of a good chance, I am thinking, did the shooter get into a high percentage location, are there defenders in place, is the keeper out of position?

If you beat the defense, make the keeper fall over with smooth moves, and shoot from the penalty spot, that is a good chance to me. If you hit the bar, it was still a good chance, but a bad shot.
Yeah, post and out can be a good shot for sure. That Okoli one wasn't what I'd call a good shot, but a good chance.

I agree with Gotham Gator that I think it often preferable to put it where the keeper isn't. It just depends on what space the player had to shoot at.

If he has half the goal open and plenty of space and hits post, that's poor. If he's squeezing it between defenders or into a tight window, it really is just kind of unlucky.

what do you mean. im pretty sure everyone is saying they played great together last night?
They Never make eye contact or speak or nothing like that on the pitch . The same for training no joking no signs they even know one another . The only thing i'v ever seen was that Whip Cream Face Game the 2 of them played that was it !!

Thanks ! I followed your directions . Wow this is hard for me to believe . But can i say all i know is that all the media sources quoted the 2. 5 mill figure over and over when he first came here . This was interesting just like that Damn picture you post in his thread !! ;)
He played half a season when he first got here.

Idk about that. A lot of the RM fans were upset because they had what they and I believed to be a better striker sitting on the bench in Morata. Okoli was really our only option last night, like his performance or not he was the right choice.
I think what fake Jew means is that benzema comes off as a lazy and a slow striker because his game is more holding up the ball and sending off passes to Ronaldo and bale and getting them in on goal before himself. Morata is more of a traditional striker who I think is fantastic and deserved more minutes last season than what he got, but benz compliments Ronaldo and bale much better than morata did.

They Never make eye contact or speak or nothing like that on the pitch . The same for training no joking no signs they even know one another . The only thing i'v ever seen was that Whip Cream Face Game the 2 of them played that was it !!

We'll they speak different languages and one if them is taking the job of the other?

Reactions: Angela Miller
i find it hard to believe maxi doesn't speak italian

update: hes fluent

1D9qa3R.jpg