Supporters Cup

MyBoyVilla

Registered
Mar 19, 2014
Manhattan
twitter.com
I think most of us can agree that the Seattle-Portland-Vancouver region has the best rivalry and support in MLS. I believe a major part of that is the Cascadia Cup, created by the supporters.

I think we should do a similar thing with teams in our region. All the great rivalries in NY Sports include other NY teams, Philadelphia, and Boston. It would be great to create a supporters cup between NYCFC, RBNY, Union, and Revs. It would make those rivalry games even more meaningful, encourage away support, team effort, etc. I only see good things coming from it. Obviously this would be a bit down the line, but at some point we should try to arrange this.

Reactions: Vito and CP_Scouse
I think it's a cool idea. It's a fun way to encourage SG inolvement and even get the teams excited for what could otherwise be regular no-big-deal matches.

What do you think would be a good name for such a cup?

Liberty Cup
Colony Cup
?

9023069-1332875585-220x165.jpg

Add DCU and call it the I95 Cup. Or what the hell, get Amtrak involved......."The Acela Cup".

Reactions: einwindir
If you are doing an I-95 Cup you will probably have to include DC United, Orlando SC and Miami. If we are looking into just the Northeast, we may need to think if a different idea.

If you are doing an I-95 Cup you will probably have to include DC United, Orlando SC and Miami. If we are looking into just the Northeast, we may need to think if a different idea.
My thoughts as well. I think "Colonial Cup" is the way to go, and just the 4 teams within reasonable driving distance