The USMNT has failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup

I will be so pissed off if they decide pro/rel is their answer.
Sounds too extreme for our position in the US.

I was baffled this year at who we were starting, #1 being tim fucking howard. Sean Johnson is leaps and bounds better and I can name 3 more keepers better than him. The issue seems to be talent development, but also having the fucking balls to play the younger players when their talent is on the upswing, vs old players on the downside of their careers (Bradley, Altidore, fucking Howard)

Reactions: Paul and Ulrich
have the US Goalkeeper coaches never seen the Deportivo de Coruna training video???!!!

I will be so pissed off if they decide pro/rel is their answer.

whoa whoa lets not get hasty here....if anything it may be even worse now...with less casual fans possibly no longer following soccer until 2022, meaning less reason for investors to invest and if you have pro/rel teams WILL die. less causals and less willing investors.

i have seen short clips of this i think....just never knew where it came from
There’s a whole bunch of different modernized techniques. It’s become more than just shoot at he keeper and save it. There’s a whole mental aspect that teams are beginning to use- memory games and stuff

Reactions: Kangaroo Jack
A giant leap backwards. I am truly sad We did not make it. I did not watch the game deep down , I had a feeling we were not going to make it. From my observation of level of how USMNT did not played on 9/1/17
I went to see the Costa Rica vs USA WCQ at RBA . Our guys played badly. . .badly. to top it off the ambience made it worse. Through most of the game , The Ticos seemed to be the home team. we fans were even outshouted in energy, enthusiasm and quality of play

I blame the USS Federation; For allowing these lousy Primadonnas ( Altidore, Dempsey, Bradley and Arena)) to lead the future of US Soccer at the international level.
First thing to be done : Fire Arena ; The guy may have over 20 plus years of coaching but his, level of technique is mediocre, and boring. I may be accused of naivete in my observation but relying on body size and mass in Futbol is not the best Offense . Observe Altidore , he looks more like a body builder than a lithe footballer. When JA played for the RB, he scored goals and he was at least 30 lbs less. Observe Messi, Ronaldo , our Villa. . . our Maxi

I strongly feel that Arena destroyed that young Freddy Addu. I will never understand back when he was the Us coach 1998-2006, Arena did not called Freddy? for that Arena deserves a red car.
the only good thing from this humiliating WCQ is Pulisic

PS: I agree with Fake Jew , Tim Howard must be 69 :D

Last edited:
Bruce Arena Quotes

“Players on the national team should be–and this is my own feeling–they should be Americans. If they’re all born in other countries, I don’t think we can say we are making progress.”

“I believe an American should be coaching the national team. I think the majority of the national team should come out of Major League Soccer. The people that run our governing body think we need to copy what everyone else does, when in reality, our solutions will ultimately come from our culture.”

Yeah, how did that work out ??

If MLS has helped the other CONCACAF countries raise their game, logic would dictate you need to be at a higher level to win.

Last edited:
“The most disturbing part for me was the lack of urgency displayed. We all know in sports anything can happen, you can lose games, that’s all part of it. But the lack of urgency to really understand what was it stake was really disheartening for me and candidly it was really hard to watch.”

- Landon Donovan​

One thing I would like to see, but wont happen, is rather than MLS charging a $100 million expansion fee, that money gets used to develop a proper academy system.

Reactions: adam