Third Rail Chants Recorded

We are in a unique situation effectively starting from scratch, so I welcome and appreciate all efforts by the TR or otherwise (the good and the bad). The true test will be what sticks and progresses once we start, but it is great to have some ideas to experiment with. I think the short, catchy and easy chants will build momentum the most seamlessly as the casual fans need only hear it once to be able to participate, rather than have to memorize lyrics. I think the goal celebration is crucial, as you know you will have close to 30k fans fired up and ready to celebrate together. I'm not sure how many hockey fans we have on here, but the New York Rangers goal song is so simple, but brings incredible energy to MSG when the Rangers score, with full capacity singing/chanting it together. I also love the first name/last name goal scorer chant. Maybe the supporter section can lead and shout out the scorer's first name, and the rest of the stadium shouts back the last name. I'm also cool with the supporter sections having their own longer, more complicated songs, and having fun with it, you are just not likely going to get much participation elsewhere but that's fine too, and maybe over time those become traditions others pick up.
+1 for supporters section doing first name, stadium doing last name

What do you think of this idea?

So Mix (for example) scores, and the stadium is all cheering. The supports section starts chanting: Mix, mix mix mix while the cheering is dying down, then they stop and point at the stadium, who are then expected to shout diskerud.

I think the stadium will require prompting from the supporters section, and I would want to keep the PA announcer out of it if possible.

Last edited:
Yeah, I love that. I am thinking once a player scores, let the crowd cheer for a minute. And then have the supporter section chant the first name "Daaaaviiiiiiid", and then point towards the crowd who then chants "Viiiiilllllllaaaaaa" and do that four or five times. The supporter section can pump their fists in unison per syllable as they yell the David, and the rest of the crowd can pump their fists in unison per syllable as they yell Villa, or something like that.

the 1906 Ultras (Quakes) do that call and response as well. They shout "EARTH" and the rest of the stadium, "QUAKES".

I like the Philly Union supporters chant, simple and easy.

"They all hate us, they all hate us, they all hate us we don't care. We are Philly, fucking Philly, they all hate us we don't care"

Some probably don't like the language but hey it's Philly. There's too many words in some of those TR songs, preferably you need something people can pick up on after hearing it once. The majority of fans at Yankee Stadium don't read this board.

Reactions: northernburbs
I like the Philly Union supporters chant, simple and easy.

"They all hate us, they all hate us, they all hate us we don't care. We are Philly, fucking Philly, they all hate us we don't care"

Some probably don't like the language but hey it's Philly. There's too many words in some of those TR songs, preferably you need something people can pick up on after hearing it once. The majority of fans at Yankee Stadium don't read this board.
thats why it was put on youtube, but i get what youre saying

thats why it was put on youtube, but i get what youre saying
No matter how many times I watch those videos on YouTube, I won't remember any of it. I barely remember my own name, and TR wants me to read a chapter from its novel? Blasphemy

Oh City Said I is the only one that I like out of all the ones they put up. It's kinda short and not very difficult to remember