To anyone interested in Football Manager 2020

Imhof23

Registered
Apr 29, 2020
Hey guys, during this social distancing my friends and family been doing whatever we can to entertain ourselves over the internet. I'm gunna be streaming a football manager 2020 career mode on twitch starting tonight. If you aren't familiar with football manager it is probably the most in depth sports game ever made. FIFA barely pays attention to MLS where Football manager has all the roster rules that MLS follows even has relevant franchise goals on a team by team basis. Anyway just trying to pass the time tonight feel free to stop by and talk some footy as I haven't been able to in sometime. The eventual goal would see if we can get enough people for an online league so stop on by if you are interested. We can each control an MLS franchise and try and fill out the league. [www.twitch.tv/Imhof23](http://www.twitch.tv/Imhof23) Thanks.

• Love
Reactions: Shwafta
Hey guys, during this social distancing my friends and family been doing whatever we can to entertain ourselves over the internet. I'm gunna be streaming a football manager 2020 career mode on twitch starting tonight. If you aren't familiar with football manager it is probably the most in depth sports game ever made. FIFA barely pays attention to MLS where Football manager has all the roster rules that MLS follows even has relevant franchise goals on a team by team basis. Anyway just trying to pass the time tonight feel free to stop by and talk some footy as I haven't been able to in sometime. The eventual goal would see if we can get enough people for an online league so stop on by if you are interested. We can each control an MLS franchise and try and fill out the league. [www.twitch.tv/Imhof23](http://www.twitch.tv/Imhof23) Thanks.
Are you gonna be playing as NYCFC? Or just a random team?

I got fired from NYCFC after 3 losses in a row but with the team in 5th place and playoff bound. Team injuries were also significant with Mitrita out (for most of season), Shradi injured, GMS injured, Gudmundur injured....
Now I can't seem to get another job so I guess retirement is next.
I'm so pissed about this Game

I got fired from NYCFC after 3 losses in a row but with the team in 5th place and playoff bound. Team injuries were also significant with Mitrita out (for most of season), Shradi injured, GMS injured, Gudmundur injured....
Now I can't seem to get another job so I guess retirement is next.
I'm so pissed about this Game
I forgot I was in the Football Manager thread and was very curious as to what season this happened and what your role could have been

• Haha
Reactions: hatt91
I forgot I was in the Football Manager thread and was very curious as to what season this happened and what your role could have been
I was playing Football manager 20 and so I guess the 2020 season. Even when I was in second place in the month of August and had beaten Atlanta and the then first place team Columbus, my status with the team and board was never good. I felt the season started with a skeptical and not totally supportive squad and no matter what positive things happened I was on the hot seat. When my recently acquired young Right Fullback filling in for a fatigued Tinnerholm won the game with a 25 yard golazo in the Columbus match I thought my standing would have improved. It just seemed like my fate was sealed from the first game even though my record was on par with Dome. Cushing took over to manage the team to a loss against Philly in round one of the playoffs.

Reactions: adam and SoupInNYC
Gonna buy FM 2021 for the first time tomorrow since it'll be on Xbox. I've always found the FIFA Manager Mode to be pretty bland as I'm more interested in the front office aspects of the game and not playing the actual games. Any tips? Is it worth the time? Am I going to be completely lost? Am I going to become completely addicted? haha Any help or info appreciated.

I got 21, it has a lot of improvements over 20 and this is one of those that I'd recommend actually getting, even if you have '20.

You will get addicted, yes. I'd recommend limit to 2-3 weeks ingame time per day or 1-2 hours per day. Otherwise you end up spending the whole day and running through half a season in one day. LOL

...Also the UI is overwhelming at first but once you learn to navigate it it's great.

Reactions: twsj91
I got 21, it has a lot of improvements over 20 and this is one of those that I'd recommend actually getting, even if you have '20.

You will get addicted, yes. I'd recommend limit to 2-3 weeks ingame time per day or 1-2 hours per day. Otherwise you end up spending the whole day and running through half a season in one day. LOL

...Also the UI is overwhelming at first but once you learn to navigate it it's great.
Thanks man!

i bought 20 on switch earlier this year, to me it was Fifa manager mode with a horrible UI experience. I didn't like it. Apparently the switch version is like FM-lite, so I don't think i'd want to give up on it so soon but I am not 100% eager to buy this game yet. I heard that this game can get extremely involved with setting every bit of minutia. I am not sure i really want all that. I don't want to spend hours cycling through players telling the what time to go to bed (im making that up but maybe its an option).

My favorite thing to do is scout talented players and train them to be future stars. The problem with that is the formula for finding future stars becomes very mundane. Basically all you need to do is survive sacking the first few development years then you have a super team that attracts all the best youth and the cycle repeats indefinitely until you win CL every season. Even so I can waste a day taking some division 6 team to EPL cause i think its fun occasionally. My problem with FM20 on switch was I had no real understanding of how the scout system worked or how my training was effecting the players. It was so vague. and for that reason i stopped playing after one campaign and never had a desire to come back.

Reactions: twsj91