Velasquez: Nycfc Future?

Gene

Registered
Donor
Mar 19, 2014
Down & Out
Stay strong kid and get well soon!

From mlssoccer dot com:
NEW YORK (Monday, September 14, 2015) – New York City FC midfielder Sebastian Velasquez has entered the Major League Soccer Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health (“SABH”) Program pursuant to the SABH Policy. Velasquez will not be eligible to participate in any team activities until he is cleared for participation by the SABH Program doctors.

New York City FC sporting director Claudio Reyna said in a statement provided by the team, “New York City FC are working closely with the league, the players union, and Sebastian Velasquez on this matter and will continue to work in cooperation with all involved parties and follow all appropriate procedures. At this time the club has no further comment”.

Jesus.... And he was getting playing time? Cut him already. Not trying to be mean but we dont need this baggage on our team. Im fine with him being our social media director though.

Reactions: Kjbert
Jesus.... And he was getting playing time? Cut him already. Not trying to be mean but we dont need this baggage on our team. Im fine with him being our social media director though.

Sounds like your surprised a kids gets to the big city and does some drugs. Good for him for getting some help. He got caught in the US. I would bet that none of the European leagues even give a shit about crap like this

Could be steroids for all we know. Many leagues group all drugs under one term so no one knows what substance was being used. That's how the football players all get away with saying they used adderall.

Didn't he get a DUI during this past off season or the season before? I seem to remember one of our guys did. Feel free to straighten me out if this is nothing more than my imagination running away with me.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Sounds like your surprised a kids gets to the big city and does some drugs. Good for him for getting some help. He got caught in the US. I would bet that none of the European leagues even give a shit about crap like this

Im surprised he was getting game time over others when clearly this is a big issue for both his health and well being.

Reactions: Kjbert
I remember reading RSL fans saying he had drug problems there, and they had hoped that a change in scenery would help him.

Good luck to him.

Reactions: Goodfella
How sad. I met him through a friend and graciously took pictures with us. I wish him the best and may he find the inner strength to forge ahead with his treatment.

Reactions: Goodfella
I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to bend themselves into a pretzel to use this to criticize Kreis.

Dont have to do much work. Kreis plays a guy who is having substance abuse problems severe enough that he is being forced into rehab, over...Mix, Poku, TMac et all. Again more insanity on this team but I guess so many people are used to it now that its become the new normal.

Last edited: