We the forum ...

FootyLovin

No better obsession
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Feb 15, 2015
Sea Cliff NY
The Pride Night debate of did they or didn't they do enough got me thinking.

If we put our collective minds and (electronic) pens to a purpose, what could we accomplish?

As a forum we have some significant assets.
  1. We have a lot of people.
  2. I have to believe we have some of the smartest, most intellectual fans around.
  3. We are all fairly comfortable expressing ourselves through writing.
  4. We are (along with other groups to be sure) among the most passionate fans the club has.
So I am proposing an experiment. Each month I'd like to see if we can come up with an idea, request, or suggestion that we'd like to promote to the club. At the end of the month we'll make a decision - maybe use a poll to decide - and then each of us individually write an email to Patricoff with the request.

Assuming anyone is with me on this, we have 10 days left to decide on a topic for this month. We can take ideas that have been suggested in the LAG post game thread or otherwise.

So? What do you think we should ask of or suggest to the team?

A proper pride celebration.

We are also, quite possibly the most visible collective online presence of the club's supporters (i don't use reddit- so not sure where they stand/how seriously it is taken). This is where people come to check for the good, bad, and ugly information regarding how the supporters are perceiving the club's performance and fan expections. Even the players have admitted to reading.

Reactions: Jagmandeeep and joe
The Pride Night debate of did they or didn't they do enough got me thinking.

If we put our collective minds and (electronic) pens to a purpose, what could we accomplish?

As a forum we have some significant assets.
  1. We have a lot of people.
  2. I have to believe we have some of the smartest, most intellectual fans around.
  3. We are all fairly comfortable expressing ourselves through writing.
  4. We are (along with other groups to be sure) among the most passionate fans the club has.
So I am proposing an experiment. Each month I'd like to see if we can come up with an idea, request, or suggestion that we'd like to promote to the club. At the end of the month we'll make a decision - maybe use a poll to decide - and then each of us individually write an email to Patricoff with the request.
Sweetie watch out for Good Intentions they have a way of backfiring !! God Bless You as always but i'm afraid of what the club may think of the forum using the crest and the people on this forum who just don't give a shit. One already has expressed himself see above comment. Your Problem is your Blessing that is Your a Good Heated person . I think you have a Great Idea and in a perfect world it would work. But i worry about something unforeseen messing it up! When ever i watch the game at home i always wonder if there are people on this forum in the stands? I wish you good luck with your idea.
Assuming anyone is with me on this, we have 10 days left to decide on a topic for this month. We can take ideas that have been suggested in the LAG post game thread or otherwise.

So? What do you think we should ask of or suggest to the team?

Count me out. I don't care what causes or issues you promote, I want no part of it. I hate when people try to take a solid well-functioning organization or community and expand it into areas unrelated to its core purpose. It causes unnecessary dissension and departures. I might leave preemptively.

On the one hand, I think Footylovin was referring to soccer and fan experience related things. Which are certainly part of the core purpose of this group. I liked his post because I think he is correct to say do have a good group here that could potentially bring some influence to bear in a positive way.

But I think you're right to be extremely wary. Lets even take something clearly soccer-related - Think about how heated things got here arguing over Kreis's departure. I for one mostly thought it was fun. But it isn't hard to imagine a situation where someone proposes the forums take an official position on something like that, write a letter to the club, stage some kind of action at a game, etc - if there is actual action on the line it would be easy to create some kind of lasting split here, which would be bad.

On a certain level all groups define themselves by what they are not - it isn't a group otherwise - and by what they will and won't tolerate. I think Dan and the community as a whole have struck a good balance here so far.

My thinking right now is that what Footylovin proposes is a good thing for somebody to do - maybe a good thing for a supporters group to do - and that the Forums could be a good place to organize it, but that it shouldn't be something that is an official product of the Forums.

We want the NYCFC Interns to keep checking our site to tell Patricof, Reyna, and Vieira our thoughts in their daily morning meetings. We don't want to get political. Every vote and letter will not reflect all of the Forum members.

If you want to write about something yourself without acknowledging yourself as a NYCFC Forum member then that's just simply writing an email to Emily complaining about not getting your enrollment gift or not getting Cityzens points for a match.

Reactions: Ulrich
We were told at City In The Boroughs -Manhattan , that there would be a Pride Celebration in Aug. I haven't heard anything about it since. Was yesterday the pride date ??

Here's an idea:

The club already has city voice as a way to get this kind of input from fans. The interface is clunky and the whole thing is kind of silly BUT I know the FO reads it and interacts with it. I made a post there about the team helping make the tifos more visible and they bumped it to the front page.

If you (or anyone) wrote up a post there about some issue and just linked it here to make it easy for interested forum members to up vote/add additional comments that could be a good way to leverage this group without some of the risks outlined in other posts.

On the one hand, I think Footylovin was referring to soccer and fan experience related things. Which are certainly part of the core purpose of this group. I liked his post because I think he is correct to say do have a good group here that could potentially bring some influence to bear in a positive way.

But I think you're right to be extremely wary. Lets even take something clearly soccer-related - Think about how heated things got here arguing over Kreis's departure. I for one mostly thought it was fun. But it isn't hard to imagine a situation where someone proposes the forums take an official position on something like that, write a letter to the club, stage some kind of action at a game, etc - if there is actual action on the line it would be easy to create some kind of lasting split here, which would be bad.

On a certain level all groups define themselves by what they are not - it isn't a group otherwise - and by what they will and won't tolerate. I think Dan and the community as a whole have struck a good balance here so far.

My thinking right now is that what Footylovin proposes is a good thing for somebody to do - maybe a good thing for a supporters group to do - and that the Forums could be a good place to organize it, but that it shouldn't be something that is an official product of the Forums.
Lasker Lasker last sentence in his post sums it up perfectly. Nothing official from the Forums!

Thanks for the intelligent write up Lasker.

For those who were concerned by the concept of selecting an idea at month end, and the appearance of an "official" forum POV, that was not my intent. Though I can see how you might view it that way. I merely thought that if there was something lots of us cared about, 50 emails to Patricof all at once might do more than a little to get his attention.

Thanks for the intelligent write up Lasker.

For those who were concerned by the concept of selecting an idea at month end, and the appearance of an "official" forum POV, that was not my intent. Though I can see how you might view it that way. I merely thought that if there was something lots of us cared about, 50 emails to Patricof all at once might do more than a little to get his attention.
I have no qualms with that whatsoever.

Here's an idea:

The club already has City Voice as a way to get this kind of input from fans. The interface is clunky and the whole thing is kind of silly BUT I know the FO reads it and interacts with it. I made a post there about the team helping make the tifos more visible and they bumped it to the front page.
CITY VOICE’s new so-called administrator Tony Hughes :thumbsdown: needs to be exposed! He is a Brit that works for City Football Group (CFG) and is from and lives in England, he is NOT employed by NYCFC and is NOT from and does NOT live in NEW YORK.

He has already cut off fans because they don't agree with what he posts up there. These fellow fans and friends have NOT put anything derogatory or demeaning in their replies. They just spoke there honest voice and opinions. What gives? What happened to Chris, he was cool? This guy Tony needs to be replaced ASAP with someone that gets our city and football club and is way more friendly and accommodating of open-mindedness and honest opinions.

Attachments

• Tony_Hughes.jpg
    Tony_Hughes.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
CITY VOICE’s new so-called administrator Tony Hughes :thumbsdown: needs to be exposed! He is a Brit that works for City Football Group (CFG) and is from and lives in England, he is NOT employed by NYCFC and is NOT from and does NOT live in NEW YORK.

He has already cut off fans because they don't agree with what he posts up there. These fellow fans and friends have NOT put anything derogatory or demeaning in their replies. They just spoke there honest voice and opinions. What gives? What happened to Chris, he was cool? This guy Tony needs to be replaced ASAP with someone that gets our city and football club and is way more friendly and accommodating of open-mindedness and honest opinions.
I think most of the forum members here gave up on City Voice way back. So you're unlikely to get much support for this -- not because anybody disagrees -- but simply because nobody cares. But I see you've added some posts elsewhere, so welcome to the forums. I hope you find it more interesting and useful than CV was.

I think most of the forum members here gave up on City Voice way back. So you're unlikely to get much support for this -- not because anybody disagrees -- but simply because nobody cares. But I see you've added some posts elsewhere, so welcome to the forums. I hope you find it more interesting and useful than CV was.

Yeah, I'll respond or post once every 4 months if there is something interesting to say. Otherwise, the polls are where they get their information from. Those are more important.